Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Permanent Resident Visa Cancelled!!!!

Permanent Resident Visa Cancelled!!!!

Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Resident Visa Cancelled!!!!

Congrats!

A little over a year for us to go yet, before we are officially Aussies!!!!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:39 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Renth & family...

We're applying in the next week or 2, so shouldn't be too far behind you.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:56 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
One thing I noticed was the last couple of groups called forward for the affirmation, without the bible were a much scruffier bunch that us bible bashers - many in jeans despite the invitation letter asking for a reasonable standard of dress.

I wonder what they must wear when they are not at a special occasion - a sack?
congrats

I'm laughing at the above statement - we non bible bashers wore reasonable dress - welsh rugby jersey for hubby ( who refused to go if he couldn't fly the Welsh flag)
and there is nothing wrong with Jeans.
on special occasions such as this us non bible people - we dress up lol

were you dressed up like as a dogs dinner ? Poor you ( like Bart Simpson with his hair brushed to one side for his Sunday school) ? lol

P.s our plants died - I did not plant them or water them, they shrivelled up on our patio - very apt

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 28th 2005 at 4:03 am.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh exciting, what's your tree then?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:03 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
that's a pretty prejudiced view, don't you think?

i won't be swearing an oath on the bible when i become a citizen (i will not be a hyprocrite) but i'll be going dressed smartly. i'm sure there are plenty of god-squad members that would go in jeans too.
Not prejudiced, it just happened to be the case last night. The bible swearers were all smart and most of the affirmers were scruffy.

I'm pleased you will be dressing up, it's a special occasion after all!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations, your now fully fledged ozzy's
Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
were you dressed up like as a dogs dinner ? Poor you ( like Bart Simpson with his hair brushed to one side for his Sunday school) ? lol
I wore a tie, I'd come straight form work. The wife and kids were smart too.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:16 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I wore a tie, I'd come straight form work. The wife and kids were smart too.
You should have changed after work and taken the time to dress up l like we did

congrats from a Jean, Rugby shirt wearing couple at our ceremony ( just one of many who did this , including some of the kiwi's and S.Africans who did the same as us and wore jeans and their rugby shirts of the countries - others wore they sunday best - it states in the letter you can wear what is comfortable, no rules basically, just appropriate dress, ie no turning up with nothing but your cozzie on )

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 28th 2005 at 4:23 am.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:18 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Ceri
You should have changed after work and dressed up like we did , what ever were you thinking lol

congrats from a Jean, Rugby shirt wearing couple at our ceremony ( just one of many who did this, including some of the kiwi's and S.Africans who did the same as us and wore jeans and rugby shirts of the countries)

Thanks Ceri,

I got a good laugh as I returned to my seat and said "right, where's the nearest Centerlink office!"
Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:19 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Will you be changing your name to Rentho now???

Congratulations Mate!!

Lynn
Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:33 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Thanks Ceri,

I got a good laugh as I returned to my seat and said "right, where's the nearest Centerlink office!"
did you find it? lol
can't advise on that sorry, I've never stepped into one in my life.

I"m off to find some suits so I look the part
Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:15 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats, we go through ours next Friday night. I'm just hoping its all over & done before the footy starts at 8.30pm
Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations to you all it must feel fantastic!
well done
Irene
Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:56 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Yes, you read it right. My and my family's PR visas have been cancelled!

The reason? We became citizens last night!!!
Onya!!! Now repeat after me: "I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains........"

Or how about :

"Under the Southern Cross I Stand
A sprig of wattle in my hand,
A native of my native land,
Australia you little beauty."

Last edited by Soi Oz; Jul 28th 2005 at 7:00 am.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:36 am
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light

Missed this one, Teresa told me about it over our smoked salmon lunch finished of with a drop of vino, on a sunny winters day (24 !!!) hard life.

So I have come on special like, to offer my congrats to you and your family. I know it hasn't all been plain sailing, so well done and the very best of luck for the future.

I'm with you on the dressing up bit, any excuse and I am there in my best Hyacinth Bucket outfit, hey mate, I'll be in a hat when it's our turn, white gloves and clutch bag. I miss Ascot LOL

Jill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.