Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perfect place to live - mmmm

Perfect place to live - mmmm

Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:23 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perfect place to live - mmmm

Having looked at the hundreds of posts, I have begun to wonder if some of us, planning to move, think oz is a perfect place. I wonder if people like me, realise that not everything will be fab. Oz is after all a part of the western world, and therefore is run by a .. so called elected government who don't really know what they are doing and do things to look good. Ok the western world brings images of modern life, demoracy etc ( exluding the lack of on line shopping and lack of decent tv). Do all of us realise it won't be perfect..
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:30 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perfect place to live - mmmm

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Having looked at the hundreds of posts, I have begun to wonder if some of us, planning to move, think oz is a perfect place. I wonder if people like me, realise that not everything will be fab. Oz is after all a part of the western world, and therefore is run by a .. so called elected government who don't really know what they are doing and do things to look good. Ok the western world brings images of modern life, demoracy etc ( exluding the lack of on line shopping and lack of decent tv). Do all of us realise it won't be perfect..

We were always amazed by programmes on UK tv with people going to Oz to "save their marriage" or some other such tosh.
People have to face up to the fact that living in a different continent will not solve all your problems - in fact it adds extra stress (for a while at least) to most aspects of your life!

Saying that, (with a more cynical view of the world that I have!) we still had the odd daydream that all will be golden beaches, relaxing days, plenty of money etc... it is hard not to get caught up in it all!

We have had some of the daydream come true, and other aspects that have not.
As in all of life some good, some not so...

steve