Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Peregian Springs-NRAS

Peregian Springs-NRAS

Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Peregian Springs-NRAS

Hey there,

Just looking at properties in Peregian Springs...Area looks new and cheaper. Then i saw on one of the properties that it said that the house was available at 20% lower to people on NRAS. So looked at the NRAS on their website and its a scheme to rent affordable housing to lower income people.

This set off major alarm bells to me thinking that Peregian Springs may become another Gulf Harbour in NZ whereby a new town i built with cheaper homes and a large amount of people on benefits living there.

Any insights would be great thanks.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of
Default Re: Peregian Springs-NRAS

Peregian Springs is huge!!!
We have friends there who we regularly stay with.
It is a lovely estate and very well maintained to a very high standard. It has many open spaces, a huge golf course, a restaurant, gym, play areas and many bbq`s. What makes it stand out for me is that for all it seems new, it has many well established trees and bushes etc.
If I was going to live on a houseing estste in the sunny coast, it would certainly be on my list.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 8:04 am
Poms in Limbo

Davelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Peregian Springs-NRAS

Hi there.
We have lived in PS for 6yrs now in the older original part of the estate, and can honestly allay your fears, it is a great friendly family area, well maintained all sorts of people a lot of retired in our street and long term s.coast residents, all age groups and nationalities lots of us Brits too. All our uk visitors who come here would kill to live on this estate.

I have known some residents who live here then move out to Donovan as they want more room or acreage for kids, but generally u won't find a better base than here. Further down to mooloolabah caloundra are very busy now and we love coming back up the coast to peace nature and quiet.
Check out the suburb review on real estate.com.au for honest resident opinions. Pros of living here are quiet streets near major towns and amenities great schools and only 3-km from beach low crime no joins and most residents are in bed by 8pm so lovely and quiet. If u r noisy partying hoons not the place for you So definitely recommend it. The new ridges sction the haven section around back of balgownie and some on the avenue are as u say low income housing but it's a huge estate they say will be about 3000 homes in the future, if you stick to the older more established areas lakeside longowood grace mere then you'll be right
Hope this helps good luck with your. House mate!

Last edited by Davelynd7; Aug 25th 2012 at 8:08 am. Reason: Ps some great deals to be had at the moment