Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pepto bismol chewable caplets

Pepto bismol chewable caplets

Old Nov 15th 2009, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pepto bismol chewable caplets

Anyone know if pepto bismol chewable caplets are available in Oz?

I've found them a useful remedy for travellers diarrhoea in previous hols in Asia & I'm gallivanting back there soon, but I didn't notice pepto bismol when I was mooching around a couple of pharmacies over the weekend. I'm gonna check with a pharmacist this week anyway, but I thought there's no harm in checking with BE first
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:17 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pepto bismol chewable caplets

When we first came over from Canada we asked around at a couple of pharmacies and no one had ever heard of them. One of the pharmacists looked it up for me and gave me something comparable but my husband said it just wasn't the same.

It's been over 2 years now and I've never seen any here. Everytime we visit Canada we come back with lots of peptobismol as my husband goes through quite a bit!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Comet555. I had pretty much the same blank expressions when I asked in chemists here, so looks like it's another thing I'll have to live without!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's weird, but I like the taste of Pepto Bismol.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:56 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I know it's weird, but I like the taste of Pepto Bismol.
My husband loves it too. To me it just tastes like chalk, or at least how I imagine chalk would taste if I felt like eating it
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
My husband loves it too. To me it just tastes like chalk, or at least how I imagine chalk would taste if I felt like eating it
When I was pregnant with my son I had pregnancy induced pica. Chalk was high on my list of good things along with baby powder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:46 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by Dorothy
When I was pregnant with my son I had pregnancy induced pica. Chalk was high on my list of good things along with baby powder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)
I've heard of that. Strange condition... I've never known of anyone who actually had it. Until you of course! I bet you were happen to be over that one!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:53 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by comet555
I've heard of that. Strange condition... I've never known of anyone who actually had it. Until you of course! I bet you were happen to be over that one!
Yup. It wasn't so much a desire to eat things as much as smells. Do you remember the old blue mimeographs we used to get as handouts at school? I've never been able to resist the smell of that.