Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pep talk, please!

Pep talk, please!

Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Isn't that what families are for ?!!

I've told my parents to watch that C4 New Life Down Under. Can't give much clearer a hint than that...I hope !

Good luck with yours
Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
I think you're right. I'm feeling better already. My parents are still a big part of my life too, although I see them less often that I used to because they live in Jersey (one of the Channel Islands) I only see them 3, maybe 4 times a year.
Good luck I hope it goes well.

My parents didn't come to visit us in Singapore - we were there 6 years, because mum doesn't enjoy flying....so when I returned from my recce in Melbourne in November saying I loved the place and want to move there my mother was horrified! She said if we go there to live she might never see us again! I pointed out that we would return for holidays..... anyway I won't be off quite yet so it gives her time to adjust!
Helinuk
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:27 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, spoke to the parents last night (by phone - couldn't go all the way to Jersey to talk face to face).

I love my parents, little supportive dears that they are. They are really excited about it. My mum said that they knew this would happen, and they were actually hoping that it would happen sooner (!!!) because they know how unhappy I am here in the UK and how much happier I have been in Oz. They said words to the effect that they might shed the odd tear, but more out of happiness for me than self-pity for themselves. My dad is totally over-excited about visiting, and they are already saving for a trip over next Chrimbo (hopefully). There's talk of the whole family clubbing together for a digital camera so we can send photos of where we are, and my brother is already promising to bequeath me his old laptop (well, old by his standards - he's only had it a year).

Basically, they said all the right things and seem to be as excited as we are.

I know I'm really lucky to have parents like these - they didn't bat an eyelid when I jetted off round the world at the tender age of 18, so I really shouldn't have expected any less!

Stat dec forms winging their way to Jersey as we speak...and I feel so much better!

Thanks for the pep talk though - I needed it at the time
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:31 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Bundy, I'm glad it went so well. Thats one more hurdle jumped! Your parents sound great.

Michaela
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:33 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcmercer
Well done Bundy, I'm glad it went so well. Thats one more hurdle jumped! Your parents sound great.

Michaela
Thanks Michaela.

They are possibly the best parents on earth. The always let us go off and do our own thing, but they're always there if things go wrong too.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:34 am
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

well done Bundy - very happy for ya.

Hope my GF's parents act the same way!

J
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:36 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by lostkiwi
well done Bundy - very happy for ya.

Hope my GF's parents act the same way!

J

It's a scary thing...hope it all goes well for you too.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:38 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Bundy.

Heres hoping my folks take the news as well as yours seem to.
Sure they will.

TT

Well, spoke to the parents last night (by phone - couldn't go all the way to Jersey to talk face to face).

I love my parents, little supportive dears that they are. They are really excited about it. My mum said that they knew this would happen, and they were actually hoping that it would happen sooner (!!!) because they know how unhappy I am here in the UK and how much happier I have been in Oz. They said words to the effect that they might shed the odd tear, but more out of happiness for me than self-pity for themselves. My dad is totally over-excited about visiting, and they are already saving for a trip over next Chrimbo (hopefully). There's talk of the whole family clubbing together for a digital camera so we can send photos of where we are, and my brother is already promising to bequeath me his old laptop (well, old by his standards - he's only had it a year).

I know I'm really lucky to have parents like these - they didn't bat an eyelid when I jetted off round the world at the tender age of 18, so I really shouldn't have expected any less!

Stat dec forms winging their way to Jersey as we speak...and I feel so much better!

Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:39 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Wahey - great news to hear on a Monday morning - well done Bundy's ma and pa for being top olds!!
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:40 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

It makes you realise how lucky you are when you read some of the horror stories on here, mine great too, though I didnt have to tell them we were going as they're coming with us!

Michaela
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bundy

well done, glad to hear it went well for you.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:45 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Pollster
Wahey - great news to hear on a Monday morning - well done Bundy's ma and pa for being top olds!!
Yep, new appreciation thread for my parents!
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:49 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhhh, very good!
All sounds great! Sounds a bit like our two sets of parents, though they're a bit more sad. BUT: saving up for holiday, getting us webcam (have already got digi camera)

Good luck with the application now!

Last edited by Simone; Jan 12th 2004 at 10:07 am.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:53 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Simone82
Ahhhhhh, very good!
All sounds great! Sounds a bit like our two sets of parents, though they're a bit more sad. BUT: saving up for holiday, getting us webcam (have already got digi camera)

Good luck with the application now!

Thanks Simone!

Last edited by bundy; Jan 12th 2004 at 10:17 am.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Big hug for Bundys Ma and Pa...

what other forum?..dont tell me theres more than one..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.