Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

People who post...

People who post...

Old Nov 20th 2004, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default People who post...

...to a thread to say the thread is stupid! Why??

If someone thinks a thread is pointless, stupid, a waste of time, or irrelevant why do they read all the posts and then post themselves to say it's sh*t?

Would that make them even more tragic than the original poster of the thread?

Or is it just that they feel the intense need to play net nanny and tell everyone else what saddos they are and how fantastic their own lives are? Thus proving themselves wrong as they have shown themselves to be even more tragic than the original poster.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: People who post...

Originally Posted by Ushas

If someone thinks a thread is pointless, stupid, a waste of time, or irrelevant why do they read all the posts and then post themselves to say it's sh*t?

Or is it just that they feel the intense need to play net nanny and tell everyone else what saddos they are and how fantastic their own lives are? Thus proving themselves wrong as they have shown themselves to be even more tragic than the original poster.
What a pointless, stupid, timewasting, irrelevant thread this is
Old Nov 20th 2004, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

whats all this about
Old Nov 21st 2004, 1:33 am
Go Power!!!!!

Multicoloured Crocodile is on a distinguished road

Speak your mind and ignore whoever it was. You have the right to free speech! there are 3 mods on this site so if they're happy with a post being on here then that's a relevant post in my mind
Simon
Old Nov 21st 2004, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Multicoloured Crocodile
Speak your mind and ignore whoever it was. You have the right to free speech! there are 3 mods on this site so if they're happy with a post being on here then that's a relevant post in my mind
Simon

It doesn't particularly worry me as mostly I couldn't really care what most people think. It just fascinates me as to what motivates these people.

There's one in particular I was thinking about as I asked the question, who read through about 30 odd posts only to say at the end...what's the point of this...I have far too busy a life to worry about this post topic...

I just wondered...WHY???? Obviously that person has less of a life than the rest of us if they need to read all the posts before adding one that says 'I'm too busy to post a reply about this thread because it's silly' but then did anyway!

There was another on a different forum (there's one on here too) who used to follow up every post someone else made with 'Yes that's right...they've given you the right info...' Again...Why? Just trying to tot up posting numbers are they?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:21 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Or people who post a thread to say people who post to threads and not add anything meaningful - is really annoying...
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Galah
Or people who post a thread to say people who post to threads and not add anything meaningful - is really annoying...

But strangely people who don't want to post to pointless threads still keep coming back and reading them...and then posting that they're pointless!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:28 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

But strangely people who don't want to post to pointless threads still keep coming back and reading them...and then posting that they're pointless!
You mean - people who post to threads about people who post threads about people who post to threads with nothing meaningful to add are really annoying?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Galah
You mean - people who post to threads about people who post threads about people who post to threads with nothing meaningful to add are really annoying?
Yup!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:34 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Don't most people have their options set so that they receive an email and/or a pop up when they have received a new PM, making the 'I've sent you a PM' posts irrelevant - why does the rest of the world need to know?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:36 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

There was another on a different forum (there's one on here too) who used to follow up every post someone else made with 'Yes that's right...they've given you the right info...' Again...Why? Just trying to tot up posting numbers are they?
I do this sometimes, for several reasons;
If the person who's replied before you has basically said what you were going to say, it easier to agree with them and show the OP you agree with them, than just write the the basic same answer again.

On a post with only one reply, personally I think it helps the OP to know that more than one person has that opinion. I mean, if I were to ask a question and got one person giving me a detailed answer and ten people saying "yes thats right, I agree etc etc" I would feel more confident with the answer than just one reply saying "blah blah blah"

I dont do it to tot up my posts though
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mlbonner
If the person who's replied before you has basically said what you were going to say, it easier to agree with them and show the OP you agree with them, than just write the the basic same answer again.

On a post with only one reply, personally I think it helps the OP to know that more than one person has that opinion. I mean, if I were to ask a question and got one person giving me a detailed answer and ten people saying "yes thats right, I agree etc etc" I would feel more confident with the answer than just one reply saying "blah blah blah"

I agree with you totally!!!

(Yippeee...one more post closer to the 2000)

Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hels
I agree with you totally!!!

(Yippeee...one more post closer to the 2000)

ROFL!!!

Excellent!

Me too!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walaj
Don't most people have their options set so that they receive an email and/or a pop up when they have received a new PM, making the 'I've sent you a PM' posts irrelevant - why does the rest of the world need to know?

Not something I'd actually thought of but yes, you're quite right! Now you point it out it is quite pointless really.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mlbonner

See now that's a rational well thought out response. Thanks. Curiosity dealt with.

The person on another forum I'm thinking about though...I'm sure he just followed me around posting straight after any post I put up. Got a bit spooky. I'd reply to something and say to hubby...check it in 5 mins and he'll have posted saying yes she's right! And I always was!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.