Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

People trying to sell houses....

People trying to sell houses....

Old May 30th 2004, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough
Default People trying to sell houses....

This is just a thought (and we're going to be in the same situation in a few years), but why don't you advertise your houses on this website on a particular thread? There are people moving back to the UK who may need somewhere, and I can't be the only property investor who's still looking for property to buy in the UK!

Most estate agents have websites that you could link to so that we could see the property. I'm not sayinig that every property will be suitable either for investors or for people moving back but it may work.

With investors there's no chain that can collapse. There are even a few property investor websites that you could probably advertise on as well if you're interested.

We bought a house in Luton last year from a family that were leaving for Spain. They were so happy since it'd been on the market for a while (probably because of some steps leading up to it) and of course we didn't have a chain to worry about. Now it's let out to some very nice students, and yes we paid the market value as well.

I hope you sell your houses quickly since leaving the country is stressful enough without the worry of selling your house!

Good luck
Karen
Old May 30th 2004, 8:44 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People trying to sell houses....

Originally posted by kaz101
This is just a thought (and we're going to be in the same situation in a few years), but why don't you advertise your houses on this website on a particular thread? There are people moving back to the UK who may need somewhere, and I can't be the only property investor who's still looking for property to buy in the UK!

Most estate agents have websites that you could link to so that we could see the property. I'm not sayinig that every property will be suitable either for investors or for people moving back but it may work.

With investors there's no chain that can collapse. There are even a few property investor websites that you could probably advertise on as well if you're interested.

We bought a house in Luton last year from a family that were leaving for Spain. They were so happy since it'd been on the market for a while (probably because of some steps leading up to it) and of course we didn't have a chain to worry about. Now it's let out to some very nice students, and yes we paid the market value as well.

I hope you sell your houses quickly since leaving the country is stressful enough without the worry of selling your house!

Good luck
Karen

Id be more than happy for people to BUY my house from such a source, but where ??
Old May 30th 2004, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

These are the forums that I know of for property investors. Some of these have specific forums dedicated to property deals. They may ask questions about how much the place would rent for, but you can usually find that out by ringing a local letting agent. As far as I can remember membership to these forums are free.

I also know quite a few investors who may be interested as well.

House mouse

Singing Pig

Russ Whitney UK discussion

House chat This one isn't used so frequently looking at the dates on the forums.

There are networking meetings such as
Property networking

I don't know if any of these will work but you never know until you try.

I also know a property finder but I think he would expect reduced prices to pass on any properties to his clients.

I hope this helps,
Karen
Old May 30th 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

There are also websites that sell property but I'm not sure where you stand if you sell your property through a website and it's already with a letting agent. You may still owe them a fee.

Another way I've picked up property before is simply by people advertising on their work places intranet. If there is a trading post or market place forum for all the employees in the company then someone else local may want to buy your house.

That's my thoughts for now.

And of course they're worth exactly what you you paid for them

Karen
Old May 30th 2004, 6:54 pm
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

With many agents they have you screwed to the ground. If the property sells while its listed with them, they get their blood (or is it flesh).

Check the contracts is the only way you can guarantee (perhaps) not getting Sha**ed by the agent.