Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

people in perth,dont shoot me for this but..

Wikiposts

people in perth,dont shoot me for this but..

Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:42 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: people in perth,dont shoot me for this but..

Originally Posted by Bibbs
I agree with the OP. A *lot* of people seem to think there is only one side to the river. I don't think I've ever read people suggesting South Perth, Como, Kardinya. Probably not enough Poms in those areas.

They tend to want to fly half way round the world and live with the same neighbours they had in the UK and complain to them about the Asians/Arabs moving to the UK and not integrating.

Thats cos 99% of people asking for suburb advice say they want to live near the beach. When we first got here we lived in Kensington for the first year and I used to suggest Kensington, SPerth, Como etc quite a lot, but got fed up of being told they were too far from the beach so I stopped suggesting them to anyone that mentioned beach in their requirements.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Friends are friends regardless of where they're from. People who seek out friends from a particular race or nationality are, in my opinion, a bit odd

I'm a little bit odd. After 8 years here I've still not got any Ozzy mate, just Poms.

And I don't live anywhere near Joondalup, the Manchester Upon Tyne of the northern suburbs.

Keel
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Thats cos 99% of people asking for suburb advice say they want to live near the beach. When we first got here we lived in Kensington for the first year and I used to suggest Kensington, SPerth, Como etc quite a lot, but got fed up of being told they were too far from the beach so I stopped suggesting them to anyone that mentioned beach in their requirements.
I lived in South Perth in 1991 and loved it. Its on my shortlist for the Perth return!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:00 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The OP lives in Kalamunda where there's not an Australian accent to be heard.
oi cheeky bugger.... you obviously never heard my next door neighbours when you were here
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:01 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
I'm a little bit odd. After 8 years here I've still not got any Ozzy mate, just Poms.

And I don't live anywhere near Joondalup, the Manchester Upon Tyne of the northern suburbs.

Keel
Yeap Keel is right..... i'm a Pom and i'm his mate
and he doesnt live anywhere near Joondalup....... he lives near the retirees! lol

oh yes and he's definately odd lol

Last edited by Sam; Jan 25th 2011 at 11:01 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bibbs
I agree with the OP. A *lot* of people seem to think there is only one side to the river. I don't think I've ever read people suggesting South Perth, Como, Kardinya. Probably not enough Poms in those areas.

They tend to want to fly half way round the world and live with the same neighbours they had in the UK and complain to them about the Asians/Arabs moving to the UK and not integrating.
I have, but you just give up after a while because apparently Australians are too snobby and have our heads up our backsides if we try and recommend what we consider decent suburbs.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:37 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Weebie
Australians don't live in these suburbs.
Interesting... factual, exaggeration or ?

2006 Census Stats show this:
Kalamunda 6076
67% Australian Born
18% United Kingdom Born

Joondalup 6027
59% Australian Born
23% United Kingdom Born

Rockingham 6168
65% Australian Born
23% United Kingdom Born

Mandurah 6210
79% Australian Born
13% United Kingdom Born
WA in total is
67% Australian Born
11% British born

Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:02 pm
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Kalamunda 6076
67% Australian Born
18% United Kingdom Born

Joondalup 6027
59% Australian Born
23% United Kingdom Born

Rockingham 6168
65% Australian Born
23% United Kingdom Born

Mandurah 6210
79% Australian Born
13% United Kingdom Born
WA in total is
67% Australian Born
11% British born
Glad to see that Kalamunda has less Poms except for Mandurah
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
Glad to see that Kalamunda has less Poms except for Mandurah
They lied
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Kalamunda 6076
67% Australian Born
18% United Kingdom Born

Joondalup 6027
59% Australian Born
23% United Kingdom Born

Rockingham 6168
65% Australian Born
23% United Kingdom Born

Mandurah 6210
79% Australian Born
13% United Kingdom Born
WA in total is
67% Australian Born
11% British born
in the pub its 67% pom
29% irish
3 % aus
1%i aint sure if hes a bloke,a lady or where he or she is from?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:20 pm
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by eddie007
They lied
dont think they did....... i thought all the aussie went to Mandurah to retire after they got fed up with Kalamunda
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
in the pub its 67% pom
29% irish
3 % aus
1%i aint sure if hes a bloke,a lady or where he or she is from?
That 1% followed me into the pub toilets last week. I wasn't happy.

Keel

Last edited by keel; Jan 26th 2011 at 12:06 am.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:02 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
dont think they did....... i thought all the aussie went to Mandurah to retire after they got fed up with Kalamunda
Nah mate you won`t get any Aussies in Mandurah - it`s a slum (apparently)
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel

Keel
You're not odd mate, you're from Ashington, it's the rest of the world that's odd
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:26 am
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
You're not odd mate, you're from Ashington, it's the rest of the world that's odd
nah he likes Iron Maiden

defo ODD LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.