Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

People movements

Wikiposts

People movements

Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:12 am
mick n cheryl

I left Wakefield West Yorks for Queensland last June for the lifestyle change and a better life for the kids . If I ever get the feeling I need to return to the UK it WILL be Wakey

Mick

Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:46 am

gedge has disabled reputation

We put all our efforts in to escape from Suffolk (for the 2nd time).
5 months before the visa came through, my company relocated us to Somerset, so we achieved our objective of getting out of Suffolk!
When the visa came through we were at odds on what to do, but the overriding thought was better lifestyle in Oz.
Theres nothing wrong with either Suffolk, Somerset or even South Yorkshire for that matter
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:01 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to be a " BRONZE GOD "
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:12 pm
Application in!

Andy66 is an unknown quantity at this point

We shall be leaving Leeds (hopefully)

Quite happy - nice house, good jobs etc. Reason for leaving is more aspirational than "escape" but I feel there are better "societies" than the UK now in terms of optimism, friendliness etc. Thats what attracts us to Oz, rather than anything wrong with Leeds.

Lot going from the south coast - I have been down there and it's gorgeous! If I had to stay in UK would definitely move down there.

Andy
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People movements

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hello
we will be leaving Poole (about 30 mins drive from Southampton) reasons - not because its Poole but because of the Uk as a whole!
best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle x
Yes we want to leave Woking ,Surrey...not just because it's Woking....... but because of uk
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

spondy atwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Wev are leaving Rotherham S.Yorks
cant stand the Country or the Town
Lived in Melbourne for 8 years as a kid so
we are heading back there
Who Knows
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

markcrute is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by flying dutchman
Also trying to escape from Southampton. Might be a coastal town, but its dominated by a huge refinery on the other side of the solent and mud for shoreline!

Crappy 50's architecture too! Its only redeaming feature is that it isn't Portsmouth! Perth bound!
We are leaving Southampton(mass exedus or what) Cant wait.

We leave uk on 27th April arrival Adelaide 1st May.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:37 pm
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

and we're planning to leave Stoke for Melbourne.

I agree with Bondipom sentiments here, and would say that theres a risk that some of the people who seem to just want to get away from the UK need to be a little careful not to have too high expectations of Oz. If you think that when you get there life is going to be a bed of roses you may end up being disappointed.

We aim to move to Oz with realistic expectations, to expect it to be tough then its not going to be such a shock if everything doesn't go to plan.

I'm not saying that Oz isn't going to be a brilliant place to live, but just making the point that starting off life in a new country isn't going to be easy.

Marko
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We left Birmingham but not because we were unhappy there, just fancied trying somewhere new. Love Brisbane, loved brum too
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:56 pm
Next stop Gold coast

We,re originally Brummie's , but moved out as soon as we could .

Currently living in Midwales , beautiful part of the country and we have been fairly happy here.

Hard to explain why moving , but would say that i,m in agreement with reasons above .

Also don't know why , but feel more alive in oz, maybe it's a combination of more optimism , a feeling that anythink's posible ( similar to america ) weather , new begining , kid,s happiness / future, better life style , could carry on but won't.

Hope thing's work out for us , who know's!

But one thing i,m sure of ... and that is we'll going to put at least has much effort into trying to making it work as we did setting up our know bussiness in the middle of nowhere , and going through this gruelling immigration process and more !

all the best plum

Last edited by plumber; Mar 24th 2004 at 10:03 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

We will be leaving the North East, dont seem to be many people on here from this area. We certainly dont have any real problems here, nice house, both working etc etc ...but we have made the decision that we want to go for it with open minds and hope to make a go of it. However as we havent even got a response from TRA yet we are in limbo, glued to British Expats every day for last 3 months, but not being able to make any real plans yet
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:06 pm
Next stop Gold coast

Well , when you've finished in Limbo .....come and visit me and my many friends in no mans land !

all the best plum
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

I would be happy to plumber

At least then I would feel like the agonising wait was actually leading to something worthwhile. I dont even like to post much on here cos I will end up being gutted if I get any more involved and it all falls flat.

Jay