Reload this Page >

People movements

Wikiposts

People movements

Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough
Default People movements

I'm curious to know which areas of the UK people are not leaving, presumably because they are too happy or too broke to move(the cold spots) but also curious to know the hot spots. Is a poll the best way to do this? And if so, would someone do the honours please?

Presumably those not intending to move will not be represented on this forum, so perhaps conspicuous absences can be noted.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I'm trying to get out of Birmingham - what a dump!!

Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:25 am
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm trying to get out of Southampton - sunny south - but still totally crud compared to major cities in Oz or NZ.
Next stop Melb.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

kath29 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be leaving Birmingham too-is a theme emerging here. I'll miss the night life though.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:12 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

Also trying to escape from Southampton. Might be a coastal town, but its dominated by a huge refinery on the other side of the solent and mud for shoreline!

Crappy 50's architecture too! Its only redeaming feature is that it isn't Portsmouth! Perth bound!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

dreamers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: People movements

We've moved around a lot but Swansea is 'home' - grotty, dirty and highest rainfall of just about anywhere. Lovely beaches but hardly ever the weather to enjoy them, and Boy! is the water cold. Can't wait to get to Oz.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:39 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I will be leaving Nottingham.

Dont really want to as I love the place and if Brisbane is a patch on it I will be very happy.
Tried to work in Manchester but it wasnt the same and ended up being pulled home by some mysterious force.

Think I will be happy in Brissie as I got a good vibe from the place when I visited last year.

TT

Originally posted by Dawn Adams
I'm curious to know which areas of the UK people are not leaving, presumably because they are too happy or too broke to move(the cold spots) but also curious to know the hot spots. Is a poll the best way to do this? And if so, would someone do the honours please?

Presumably those not intending to move will not be represented on this forum, so perhaps conspicuous absences can be noted.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 7:56 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been trying to get away from Essex for years, looks like I finally might be managing it
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Dawn Adams

Hello
we will be leaving Poole (about 30 mins drive from Southampton) reasons - not because its Poole but because of the Uk as a whole!
best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle x
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

We're trying to get out of Devon, though not because of the county but because of the whole country.............
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:26 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I came to Australia rather than left the UK. OK Woking is a dump but it was 30 mins to waterloo and Heathrow.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:34 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hi we are leaving Herts a nice place really 25 mins from Liverpool street by train.

We're also not so much trying to leave Herts but the UK!

Nikki x
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:44 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

On second thoughts, leaving reasons for UK are :-

> Overcrowded
> Expensive
> Low quality of life
> Fast pace of life
> Bad traffic
> Generally unfriendly people (although obviosuly not the peeps on this board )

Reasons for leaving Essex :-

> Very very overcrowded
> Very expensive
> Very low quality of life
> Very fast pace of life
> Horrendously bad traffic
> Very unfriendly people

Of course Brissy will be the exact opposite of everything above (damn these rose tinted spectacles !!!)
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

We are leaving London.I love London and there is nowhere else in England I would rather live but I miss Adelaide and want to try living there for a change
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default Leaving

We will be leaving Bolton (5 mins drive to Manchester) not because of the town but because of the country as a whole. I wish OZ was as easy to get in to as the uk (to many immigrants comming in for my liking sponging off the state)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.