British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   People looking for work (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/people-looking-work-479821/)

Rob Morton-Jone Sep 8th 2007 1:06 pm

People looking for work

I have had a lot of e-mails from people asking what the current job market is like on the Gold Coast when looking for work.

I came out here with an open mind, not really sure what work i wanted to get into but having an engineering/Aerospace back ground i sent off my resume to a number of companies in different areas. I was offered a number of positions but decided i would take the job of an Engineering Manager as having knowledge of the industry i felt a little more comfortable but after a year working in the industry i have now invested in a business outside of my experience, that being of shop fitting.

What i am trying to say is that work here, especially trades, are easy to come by and just be flexible in your approach and be opened minded. There are many oppotunities on the Gold Coast for everyone

Rob

Scott Sep 8th 2007 1:09 pm

Re: People looking for work

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone (Post 5288324)
I have had a lot of e-mails from people asking what the current job market is like on the Gold Coast when looking for work.

I came out here with an open mind, not really sure what work i wanted to get into but having an engineering/Aerospace back ground i sent off my resume to a number of companies in different areas. I was offered a number of positions but decided i would take the job of an Engineering Manager as having knowledge of the industry i felt a little more comfortable but after a year working in the industry i have now invested in a business outside of my experience, that being of shop fitting.

What i am trying to say is that work here, especially trades, are easy to come by and just be flexible in your approach and be opened minded. There are many oppotunities on the Gold Coast for everyone

Rob

mate , can;t get link to work

Rob Morton-Jone Sep 8th 2007 1:19 pm

Sure is!

shabee Sep 8th 2007 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone (Post 5288324)

Rob

Hi Rob,
We have a while to wait to get there as our visa just went in during August. My OH is a joiner. If you dont mind I will keep your details and contact you at a later date.
Regards
Sharon