Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

People of Great Britan - Take Note!

People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hello Builder
Notice your in skegness, i,m in Withernsea. My hubby a builder to and we just waiting for our visa. Can i ask were you are heading??
Hi, we are heading for the Perth area (isnt every one? lol) thought about the east coast and wont rule it out yet, just have to get there first. Leaving uk in August. What about you?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:57 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

If you were a male who worked in the adult film industry and got told you were "over qualified",would you treat it as a compliment?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

"Housing's at the bottom of the cycle"

I don't quite think we are there yet.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:04 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananalana

Depends where you are. They're on their way back up round here.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananalana

I think that a lot will depend on what the Govt do about the FHOG tbh!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by this charming man
If you were a male who worked in the adult film industry and got told you were "over qualified",would you treat it as a compliment?

Can't believe someone mentions the adult film industry and it doesn't get commented on - come on chaps, you are slipping!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by louH
I'm sorry to rant but there are NO jobs here - not in Whoop Whoop, not for you if you are a very special tinker, taylor or whatever else. No jobs, none, nada, zero, zip so please don't ask cos the answer will always be NO.

Before you ask I've just had yet another interview rejection and felt like screaming - so there you go!

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Sorry I've not read all the thread and don't know what line of work you are in but make sure you keep asking why you weren't accepted.

For my hubby it turned out that he didn't have xy or z. Mental Health field certainly didn't accept qualifications like for like and to retrain would be too many years for rather crap pay at the end of it.

For now he's doing a job in a field he hates but happens to pay ok. He's left sore, unhappy and frustrated but we keep saying how grateful we should be that he has work and your experience does back this up. We will have to think about our future now.

I hope something comes up. Keep plugging away. Do go back and ask questions. The number of times hubby has done this or told friends to and it has opened up more opportunities than just a rejection letter or call.

Good luck.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by london52
Is that why I had to wait 5 hours to be seen in A&E last month in Perth.
And there is only one ENT currently covering the Perth hospitals because one is on study leave, the others all work privately and even their waiting lists a few weeks ago were June.

I do believe funding has something to do with the problems. I was told they wouldn't give the funding for another ENT yet they bloody need it. Cancer patients having to wait.

Not convinced about the medical system here in WA. I am grateful that I've now had to use it so many times I am starting to understand work arounds and luckily have a few contacts!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:25 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hang on in there louH! I do understand how frustrating it is. My OH has been told he is overqualified, will be bored, not got exactly the right experience etc etc. He'd like the chance to try & be bored thank you
He has a job offer now but will mean us living apart for time being. Needs must I guess!
Wallow in self pity tonight, have a few drinks etc & then tomorrow you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself down & get back out there. You WILL get there in the end
yes, but what happens when the end comes after the money has run out. how are these people going to survive with no assistance from the government.

has anyone checked the occupation in demand list.........what a joke

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-in-demand.htm
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
Depends where you are. They're on their way back up round here.
can you back this up with facts.

we have friends who live in south nsw merimbula, they dont think so, house on market now for over 12 months, not a sniff and dropped price again last week........dont believe the "green shoots" theory. a uk government junior minister had the sack earlier in the year for spouting the same comments as you have.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
yes, but what happens when the end comes after the money has run out. how are these people going to survive with no assistance from the government.

has anyone checked the occupation in demand list.........what a joke

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-in-demand.htm
cant believe brickie was on that list,i think it was taken off recently a kid i know was struggling to get a start as a brickie this time last year before all this finnancial shit hit the fan,he had lived here for 4 years
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Catch
cant believe brickie was on that list,i think it was taken off recently a kid i know was struggling to get a start as a brickie this time last year before all this finnancial shit hit the fan,he had lived here for 4 years
Painter and Decorator 4421-11

A painter placed an ad for part time painter in todays local paper for 4 hours a day doing shit jobs he did not want and had over 100 telephone calls, poor sod could not use his phone today.

http://jobs.byron.com.au/QLD-Gold-Co...-13775209.html
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:12 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Originally Posted by Catch
That list is dated May 2008; surely they're supposed to have updated it by now?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
That list is dated May 2008; surely they're supposed to have updated it by now?
The MODL is reviewed twice a year to take into consideration existing and emerging skills shortages. This does not mean the list is changed twice a year. Changes only occur if there has been a significant change in labour market trends.

Maybe Mr Wayne Swan wrote this list out, he is the original ostrich
Attached Thumbnails People of Great Britan - Take Note!-images.jpg  

Last edited by dinner-dash; Apr 9th 2009 at 12:24 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
The MODL is reviewed twice a year to take into consideration existing and emerging skills shortages. This does not mean the list is changed twice a year. Changes only occur if there has been a significant change in labour market trends.

Maybe Mr Wayne Swan wrote this list out, he is the original ostrich
Righto.

Just as well the MODL doesn't apply to me, then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.