Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

People of Great Britan - Take Note!

People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

MikeSplicer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Originally Posted by BAY
In effect made that choice when I came to Perth. If I wanted an IT job I would have gone to Sydney or Melbourne. I left the UK one year ago when the IT department of a large, well known insurance company, where I worked was outsourced to TATA of India. Best choice I ever made. I came to Perth for the adventure and lifestyle.
Bay

Things are Really bad in the UK at the moment I work for one of the Large Consultancies (a very Logical one) and the only development roles they have now are Government Projects and even some of these are getting work done offshore. Its got to the point here that if your on the Bench for X days you are automatically put on the redundancy list. Stay where you are and look into moving your skill set into more BA or PM type roles.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
You mean you didn't need a licence?
My husbands a welder and they don't need licences either, very shocking, I thought all trades did?!

With regards to job situation my OH hasn't had a problem (thank god!) he applied for a few jobs on seek, emailed a few companies who weren't advertising and he was offered 3 jobs, he took one of them. Now he's got more work than he can shake a stick at, they even want him to work all Easter Weekend I think he's going to say no and take me and our little one to the zoo instead!

Hang in there LouH your time will come! What is it that you do?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:00 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bu1lder
Fair comment mate, but you don't know me or my financial situation either. So each to their own I say.
Absolutely. If you've got a game plan, then go for it. Housing's at the bottom of the cycle, home loans have never been cheaper, interest rates are low and there are plenty of deals to be had. So if you have got a job sorted or you're bringing your own, the only thing going against you is the poor exchange rate.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:20 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

The people doing OK in IT have a combination of soft and technical skills that can give the business what it needs.

My prediction is that this downturn will professionalise the industry and those left on the boat will do well.

Originally Posted by scamp1976
Exactly the reason I got out of application development and Microsoft windows management. There's more ex-painters / ex-tourist guides and ex-gogo dancers doing Microsoft than actual computer-savvy people.
Get out of application developement : You missed the boat that sunk about 7 years ago mate. Change carreer.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:22 am
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BAY
Do you know why you got rejected ?
No,,, but I have a clue.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:25 am
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maggy
In Perth there are loads of nursing jobs available and on a perm contract.
The organisation I work for will even pay for carers to train to an EN position.

Plenty of hours available for RNs ENs and Clinical Nurses they are screaming out for them.

It has got to the stage where we cannot get any nurses that carers are now being trained to dispense medications.

Mags
Is that why I had to wait 5 hours to be seen in A&E last month in Perth.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:33 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Originally Posted by london52
What was wrong with you?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Originally Posted by Hutch
Absolutely. If you've got a game plan, then go for it. Housing's at the bottom of the cycle, home loans have never been cheaper, interest rates are low and there are plenty of deals to be had. So if you have got a job sorted or you're bringing your own, the only thing going against you is the poor exchange rate.
Tell me about it.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps your problem wasn't very urgent!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I have found that the hospitals in Virtual EArth take a long time.
Remember though Earlswood, if you have a real problem don't go to virtual Perth, go to a hospital near you in Yorkshire (where you have lived these last 5 years)

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Perhaps your problem wasn't very urgent!
His problems definitely urgent, but a medical doctor would be of he wrong discipline !
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bu1lder
Tell me about it.
Hello Builder
Notice your in skegness, i,m in Withernsea. My hubby a builder to and we just waiting for our visa. Can i ask were you are heading??
Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said Perth are screaming out for nurses as there is such a shortage.

Maybe that is why you had to wait an A&E for so long.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
What was wrong with you?
Broken thumb.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by maggy
Like I said Perth are screaming out for nurses as there is such a shortage.

Maybe that is why you had to wait an A&E for so long.
Yes....that is true.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Broken thumb.
which NHS hospital was it again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.