Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

People of Great Britan - Take Note!

People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of
Default People of Great Britan - Take Note!

I'm sorry to rant but there are NO jobs here - not in Whoop Whoop, not for you if you are a very special tinker, taylor or whatever else. No jobs, none, nada, zero, zip so please don't ask cos the answer will always be NO.

Before you ask I've just had yet another interview rejection and felt like screaming - so there you go!

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:09 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Originally Posted by louH
I'm sorry to rant but there are NO jobs here - not in Whoop Whoop, not for you if you are a very special tinker, taylor or whatever else. No jobs, none, nada, zero, zip so please don't ask cos the answer will always be NO.

Before you ask I've just had yet another interview rejection and felt like screaming - so there you go!

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Do you know why you got rejected ?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: People of Great Britan - Take Note!

Hi,

I thoroughly understand where you are coming from. Its made doubly annoying when yo see how incapable some people here in Oz are yet have jobs!!!

Unfortunately a lot of people here get work by who they know rather than what they know. It took me 5 months to get a half decent job (we were about to pack up and head back for old blighty) then 15 months later I was made redundant! Took me over another year till I got my second job.

People here "work" longer hours - only they don't work. Its a sham, they are just busy show ponies! Britain works far far harder.

Keep at it, try and remain optimistic. If your face shows how you really feel this will set you back further. Its bloody hard I know, but keep at it and good luck!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH

I had lunch with a aussie friend who cant get nursing work, well not a proper job, shes got casual on call, here there and some 4 hour shifts, bit worrying as you think thats the one job thats 'safe'.

However did read Centerlink want 1000 staff due to the massive increase in people claiming unemployment.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I had lunch with a aussie friend who cant get nursing work, well not a proper job, shes got casual on call, here there and some 4 hour shifts, bit worrying as you think thats the one job thats 'safe'.

However did read Centerlink want 1000 staff due to the massive increase in people claiming unemployment.
I find it hard to believe that a nurse can't get a 'proper' job.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple rain
I find it hard to believe that a nurse can't get a 'proper' job.
This woman has a double aussie univesity degree, qualified over 5 years, and only has casual work. Many nurses only have casual hours, perm jobs are not as easy to get as many would think. Govt has begun to make big cutbacks to health spending guess its much like any other industry. If they chop $$$ jobs get the chop too.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BAY
Do you know why you got rejected ?
Yeah although I have worked in the industry not in this specific field so unfortunately nothing I can go away and work on for the next interview.............unless I lie!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jad n rich
This woman has a double aussie univesity degree, qualified over 5 years, and only has casual work. Many nurses only have casual hours, perm jobs are not as easy to get as many would think. Govt has begun to make big cutbacks to health spending guess its much like any other industry. If they chop $$$ jobs get the chop too.
I am a nurse, I have my pick of jobs. Where I work now most of the nurses have permanent contrats and we are always looking for new staff, as are a lot of organisations I liase with
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by purple rain
I am a nurse, I have my pick of jobs. Where I work now most of the nurses have permanent contrats and we are always looking for new staff, as are a lot of organisations I liase with

Ha ha - maybe this should be my cunning plan - I've done a first aid course......I'm sure I could blag it!!!!!!!!!!

(nurses take note - loads of respect for what you do, just need a job!)
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:54 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Yeah although I have worked in the industry not in this specific field so unfortunately nothing I can go away and work on for the next interview.............unless I lie!
I'm sort of in the same boat. There isn't the type of work (IT Application Developer) in Perth that I did in the UK. I've tried applying for other IT work, that I'm well able to do, but with no luck. Understandable I suppose that an employer would choose someone with an exact match to the job spec but still frustrating. In the meantime I'm doing short term contract work.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BAY
I'm sort of in the same boat. There isn't the type of work (IT Application Developer) in Perth that I did in the UK. I've tried applying for other IT work, that I'm well able to do, but with no luck. Understandable I suppose that an employer would choose someone with an exact match to the job spec but still frustrating. In the meantime I'm doing short term contract work.

Argh I hear your paid. The thing is if you are the exact match why would you do the job (other than to earn money). Personally I like a job that's a bit of a challenge - that offers me the opportunity to learn a new skill or work in a new area. Career development has gone out of the window it seems! Even more annoying in 18 months or so when this downturn is just a nasty memory those same recruiters will be looking for dynamic go getters who are prepared to "develop their skill set".
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH
So basicly what your saying is because you can't get a job ....no-one can?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:44 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bu1lder
So basicly what your saying is because you can't get a job ....no-one can?
Depends what you do. If I had your username I'd sure as shit not be contemplating moving here.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:58 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Depends what you do. If I had your username I'd sure as shit not be contemplating moving here.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Hang on in there louH! I do understand how frustrating it is. My OH has been told he is overqualified, will be bored, not got exactly the right experience etc etc. He'd like the chance to try & be bored thank you
He has a job offer now but will mean us living apart for time being. Needs must I guess!
Wallow in self pity tonight, have a few drinks etc & then tomorrow you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself down & get back out there. You WILL get there in the end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.