Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

People going on a 175 Visa

People going on a 175 Visa

Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice
Question People going on a 175 Visa

Hey Guys

Just wanted to know whos going on a 175 visa, and how long you've been waiting for it?

Have you already got it in hand, if so, how long did it take to get?

Another question, which occupation is it that your going on?

I want to have an idea as we haven't heard anything yet, our agent is slow at replying to my emails and I'm not even sure if a CO has even looked at our papers yet, sent it off Aug 09. I know theres talk of 2012 but wanted to see what other peoples experience of this is.

Thanks everyone!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People going on a 175 Visa

Originally Posted by BonnieH
Hey Guys

Just wanted to know whos going on a 175 visa, and how long you've been waiting for it?

I want to have an idea as we haven't heard anything yet, our agent is slow at replying to my emails and I'm not even sure if a CO has even looked at our papers yet, sent it off Aug 09. I know theres talk of 2012 but wanted to see what other peoples experience of this is.

Thanks everyone!
Unless your occupation is on CSL it's not likely you will hear anything before 2012. State sponsorship does speed things up slightly, but not by much. Have you joined the August 2009 applicants thread in the immigration forum?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Hi

You can see from our timeline that it was fairly quick I would say from start to finish to get our visas, we were on the CSL list and I did frontload meds and pcc, also did not use an agent. Good luck
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice

No I haven't joined that forum, could you send me the link please?

Unfortunatly were not on the CSL so it's a waiting game

Seems like CSL are extra speedy though, Im hoping 2012 isn't the case. x
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No I haven't joined that forum, could you send me the link please?

Unfortunatly were not on the CSL so it's a waiting game

Seems like CSL are extra speedy though, Im hoping 2012 isn't the case. x
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600926

There's no knowing if things change and the government make changes to the rules again, could kick start you lot again before then.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

stuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enoughstuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enough

We have just completed the 175 skilled visa - got our visa one week ago.

We started the ball rolling in July/August 2008 but to be honest we weren't the quickest at completing forms or supplying information to the visa bureau. Suppose it could be done quicker if your on the ball.

I'm a civil engineer which is high on the csl list and they did say that if it wasn't for my profession it'd likely have taken longer.

Hope everything works out for you.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Guys

Thanks everyone!
Hi
We hope we are nearing the end of our application for a visa! We are June applicants and were allocated a case officer at the beginning of December. My timeline below offers a little more information. In our experience, it's one long waiting game - where some wait longer than others, often with little rhyme or reason! Good luck and wishing you a speedy process
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

gr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nice

Hi BonnieH,

we sent our visa application 175 Electrician in Nov 09. Still awaiting any news regarding processing times. Our agent is repeating what everyone else here is saying i.e not on CSL so could be waiting till 2012....but at least we are in the queue

Don't think even DIAC know themselves when times are back to normel

Better get used to another winter in UK!!!