Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

for people already in Oz

for people already in Oz

Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:05 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default for people already in Oz

I have been looking at jobs advertised in the on line papers. Alot of them ask for police check certificates. Can you use the ones you used to obtain entry to Oz. I mean how can you get police checks for a country you havent been living in. Or does it just discount immigrants from applying..
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've been giving copies of my UK subject access check (the one that you get for emigrating with), a couple of places have said they would like an Aussie one as well, just to keep the records straight, but they've sent the papers off when I've filled them in. You can apply for an Aussie one, it just asks for your current and previous addresses, so put the UK ones if you're not in Oz yet.

We used to do police checks in our office in the UK for people who had only been in the country a couple of days; we just endorsed them "UK Records Only" and returned them once they'd been checked.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:18 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by Pollyana
I've been giving copies of my UK subject access check (the one that you get for emigrating with), a couple of places have said they would like an Aussie one as well, just to keep the records straight, but they've sent the papers off when I've filled them in. You can apply for an Aussie one, it just asks for your current and previous addresses, so put the UK ones if you're not in Oz yet.
thanks polly...did wonder how we are going to get round it...not actually there yet..but when we are I need to know these things...cheers
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure that you take copies of our UK check, then tell any employers here you've just arrived, offer them the UK one, and say you'll do an OZ one if necessary. Mine came back clear after THREE DAYS!!!!
Old Dec 6th 2003, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

I just popped into the police station around the corner from here , gave them my name etc and they processed it there for me . Cost me $40 i think
Joanne
Old Dec 6th 2003, 11:51 pm
Moomin member

Originally posted by jopaulss
I just popped into the police station around the corner from here , gave them my name etc and they processed it there for me . Cost me $40 i think
Joanne
Thanks girls..sounds all a bit mad easy...and there was me getting worried about it...eh
Old Dec 7th 2003, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Our police check was of the type that said "If this envelope is empty, then there is no police record."

How do I deal with that in Aus?