Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pensions & Life Insurance

Pensions & Life Insurance

Old Jun 24th 2004, 9:25 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pensions & Life Insurance

SUre this topic must have been discussed but I have 3 frozen and one active pension in UK as well as an active life insurance policy - not related to any mortgages.
When I go to oz, should stop paying all of these and start agian over there? Can I carry them over with me? Should I continue payin them into the UK or would claiming them be difficult?
Anywone any experince with this or maybe a contact in oz in this line of business that can be recommended?
Thanks in advance

Andrew
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:22 am
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pensions & Life Insurance

Originally posted by andrew63
SUre this topic must have been discussed but I have 3 frozen and one active pension in UK as well as an active life insurance policy - not related to any mortgages.
When I go to oz, should stop paying all of these and start agian over there? Can I carry them over with me? Should I continue payin them into the UK or would claiming them be difficult?
Anywone any experince with this or maybe a contact in oz in this line of business that can be recommended?
Thanks in advance

Andrew
Andrew
I am in a similar position to you witf a final saary pension frozen in one co. and two money purhase schemes. Plus endowment life policies not attached to a mortgage, it is a real nightmare it does vary person to person. That said keep final salary in the UK transfer money purchase, sell endowments via a company who buys policies and then get some separate life assurance before you go and keep a UK bank account open to pa fo them legal and general let you live in Aus, so maybe the best. Hope this helps a little.....but this is just me andthe advice I got from HSBC in UK and Aus.
Gary
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Pensions & Life Insurance

Originally posted by andrew63
Thanks in advance

Andrew
Andrew
Do a search of the forums for "pensions"

There are many postings on this subject. You need to get professional advice on pensions and insurance policies etc from someone based in Australia. Incorrect advice from someone based in the UK who is not familar with the Australian regulations in this matter could cost you a considerable amount of money in tax etc.

I'm am in a similar situation. It would be better to pay for advice now than regret it after moving to Aus.
Alan Collett who posts on here would be able to advise.

Hope this helps.