Pensions

Old May 16th 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Pensions

Hi all

Who already has, or is currently organising the transfer of their UK pensions to Australia?

I know the names of the companies that provide this service (Montford, Pembroke, Pension Transfers direct, etc) but I would like someone to recommend one with their reasons.

Also which companies should I avoid ?

Old May 21st 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

We are intersted in this topic too but for Nz, can anyone help?
Tori
Old May 21st 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pensions

Our financial adviser said leave them where they are, but don't forget about them!!

Originally posted by terryg
Hi all

Who already has, or is currently organising the transfer of their UK pensions to Australia?

I know the names of the companies that provide this service (Montford, Pembroke, Pension Transfers direct, etc) but I would like someone to recommend one with their reasons.

Old May 21st 2003, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz
Our financial adviser said leave them where they are, but don't forget about them!!

Hi Mash

You may want to check this....

I am no expert on this but I know a little. I know that unless they are transferred within 6 months of becoming tax resident in Australia, you MAY be liable to tax on their increase in value.

Take care mate
Old May 21st 2003, 8:26 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by terryg

There was a discussion on this a few days ago - look for a thread 'Transferring Pensions to Australia'. I've done a fair bit of research and the only thing that's clear is that it's far from simple and that every case is different.

There are a lot of parasites working out there in the transfer market who will tell you transfer whatever.

Unless your case is a simple one then I strongly advise you to invest a small sum now in taking some professional, impartial advice.

It's remarkably easy to lose a large amount of money if you get get it wrong.

Good luck

Perry
Old May 21st 2003, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, thanks, not so simple after all..........

Mash :#

Originally posted by kentcoast
There was a discussion on this a few days ago - look for a thread 'Transferring Pensions to Australia'. I've done a fair bit of research and the only thing that's clear is that it's far from simple and that every case is different.

There are a lot of parasites working out there in the transfer market who will tell you transfer whatever.

Unless your case is a simple one then I strongly advise you to invest a small sum now in taking some professional, impartial advice.

It's remarkably easy to lose a large amount of money if you get get it wrong.

Good luck

Perry
Old May 21st 2003, 11:59 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I am tempted to say that he/she would, wouldn't they ... a tax factsheet on the subject is attached, which should give you a feel for what's involved.

If you want an intro to one of the firms that I work with that can assist with a pension transfer (and yes, they will charge a fee) please mail me directly.

Best regards.

Originally posted by mashiraz