Reload this Page >

Pension Transfer Companies

Pension Transfer Companies

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Bosshogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pension Transfer Companies

Hi All and Happy New Year,

Does anyone have any experiences of using a pension transfer company? Would be most interested in a recommendation for a fixed fee, reputable agent.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 5:01 pm

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pension Transfer Companies

I work in this industry and would recommend organising it yourself. If you contact your current provider they should be able to tell you what they require. (TIP - If you complain in the slightest then you'll always get your own way!) Hope this helps
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:34 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliver1982
I work in this industry and would recommend organising it yourself. If you contact your current provider they should be able to tell you what they require. (TIP - If you complain in the slightest then you'll always get your own way!) Hope this helps
Thanks for that...! I need to do this too and was wondering how...

K
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Brilliant thread - Im finding the whole pension thing hard work and not too sure which is the best route . Wait six months before transferring and pay the interest or transfer before leaving the UK? Please any information or help would be gratefully appreciated
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

I would love to think I could to it all on my own but it's knowing what schemes to transfer it to, etc that I would need to know about. How straight forward is it?
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:30 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Knowing which Australian funds are available (ie QROPS approved funds - if you aren't sure what that means see here: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/articl...articleid=400), and where to invest your monies is where financial planning comes into play ... and that most probably necessitates engaging a financial planner in Australia. I'm sure most migrants to Australia haven't done too much research into investment funds in Australia!

The process of moving the UK pension fund into your chosen Aussie superannuation fund is actually not that challenging (usually - depending on your UK pension scheme administrators).

If you would like the name and contact details of an Aussie financial planner please feel able to contact me.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Bosshogg
I would love to think I could to it all on my own but it's knowing what schemes to transfer it to, etc that I would need to know about. How straight forward is it?
Old Jan 4th 2007, 8:03 pm

Following on from Alan's post, I should add that it is dead easy for an overseas scheme to register themselves as a QROPS - all you have to do is ask them and it is a straight forward process which can be done online.

We've transferred loads and loads in the past year and none of them started off as QROPS registered.

You should set up a superannuation of your choice, then contact your UK provider and tell them that you want to transfer, they will forward a quick email or letter to your Australian provider explaining how to become a QROPS. After that it's plain sailing. Hope this helps, Oliver
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Following on from Alan's post, I should add that it is dead easy for an overseas scheme to register themselves as a QROPS - all you have to do is ask them and it is a straight forward process which can be done online.

We've transferred loads and loads in the past year and none of them started off as QROPS registered.

You should set up a superannuation of your choice, then contact your UK provider and tell them that you want to transfer, they will forward a quick email or letter to your Australian provider explaining how to become a QROPS. After that it's plain sailing. Hope this helps, Oliver
Thanks to everyone for their input on this. Oliver as you are in this industry are there any superannuation schemes you would recommend? Please feel free to PM if you prefer. Many thanks
Old Jan 5th 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

I have tried to talk to our pension advisors my OH has two however Im not getting anywhere unless we pay a lot. Please help?!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 8:40 pm

You will need to go bypass the ifa/scheme advisers and go straight to the administrators (i.e. axa,norwich union etc etc) as they will never charge you anything.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to go bypass the ifa/scheme advisers and go straight to the administrators (i.e. axa,norwich union etc etc) as they will never charge you anything.
Except, maybe a 15% MVA or similar exit fee.