Pennytel

Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:54 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pennytel

http://www.pennytel.com/au/index.jsp

Boys and girls,

Has anyone any experience of this shower, i have just enrolled, awaiting my sim, i have paid for a Pennysim in my mobile, any thoughts?

I do not quite understand what it is, do you have to have the internet on, i am thinking of going with them to get a landline aswell. Got to get a mortgage for the internet.

Anyone got any experiences?

Hot today, very hot, but the beer a nice and cold. How is the weather in Coldland!

Keith

http://www.pennytel.com/au/index.jsp
Old Oct 16th 2009, 1:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pennytel

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
How is the weather in Coldland!
Still cold!

Oh, did you mean the UK!?
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:16 am
In melbourne

silver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant future

We use Pennytel with our VOIP phone. They work out pretty well with 8c flat rate calls, the quality is pretty good (but the UK phone provider we use sipgate seems to be better).

With PennySim you do not need the internet on. Basically as I understand it it makes a normal mobile call to a voip gateway number and then you call goes at voip rates from there (I haven't got a pennysim so this is not speaking from experience). I believe the mobile call to the voip gateway is included in your monthly sub so you only pay for the voip bit.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 6:33 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silver
We use Pennytel with our VOIP phone. They work out pretty well with 8c flat rate calls, the quality is pretty good (but the UK phone provider we use sipgate seems to be better).

With PennySim you do not need the internet on. Basically as I understand it it makes a normal mobile call to a voip gateway number and then you call goes at voip rates from there (I haven't got a pennysim so this is not speaking from experience). I believe the mobile call to the voip gateway is included in your monthly sub so you only pay for the voip bit.
Cheers mate, i am paying 8 dollars a month i think, is that line rental, or do you use that to make the calls? So for every call you make the cost comes out of the 8 dollars?

I am awaiting the sim card, hope it all works!

Keith
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:09 am
Banned

Lump

Keith
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:53 am
Banned

Well its a working, called a landline in the UK last night, was on my mobile phone on the varanda sipping a VB, the sun was a going down, the moment was a perfect, i chatted for 8 minutes to my beloved Gran, and it only cost me 10 cents for the pleasure!

8 dollars a month line rental.

16 cents a minute to any landline or mobile in Australia, plus a 8 cent connection fee on each call.

1.02 cent a minute, no connection fee, to any landline anywhere in the world, as long as you use the smart dial number you get given when you add contacts to your address book online. Works well. You can also add mobiles from anywhere in the world, you must also add these to your contact list, and use the smart dial number they give/associate to each mobile phone number, the cost to then call mobiles anywhere in the world is 26 cents per minute, no connection fee.

All in all very good so far, can call all my sweaty's back home.

Keith
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic company, I use them beyond my iinet voip account for my mobile calls.

I've set up on two mobiles plus my home phone the call back feature (ANI they call it)..... you register your numbers with them, phone the pennytel access number then pennytel calls you back without incurring any connection charge...or "Flagfall costs" then your on your pennytel rates from either your home phone or mobile, which equates to 10.5 pcents per minute if you have the standard home pennytel account which anyone can register for.

If anyone is paying any telco for mobile calls they should definitely look at using Pennytel, it could save them 100's of dollars. No contract you can use it how and when you like.

When my current 3 contract runs out for my mobiles, I will be buying my 16 year old a Iphone via Optus @ 59 dollars per month (as she uses a hell of a lot of SMS') Optus comes with unlimited SMS at that price..... then I will connect her to the 18 buck pennytel plan which gives you 500 minutes of mobile or 150 calls per month.... this should cancel out any of those unexpected large bills that teenagers incur sometimes, something I've learned to my chagrin with her 49 dollar 3 account she has at present. The only better solution I know of is to own a phone and use the TPG unlimited mobile account @ 79 bucks per month, which also gives 2 gigs of internet access as well. I cvan see myself chickening out of the Iphone option and buying her outright a much cheaper blackberry type phone and going with TPG.... Peace of mind in the long run.

I'm trying to sort out for our household unlimited mobile calls for all members as cheaply as possible.... Voip on mobile does seem the answer, however I'm coming unstuck with the SMS's thus far.

I've been researching mobile telco's for a while now so to sum up KM your on the right track

BTW with that optus 59 buck unlimited SMS account The Call costs are horrendous (they have to catch you somehow eh ) @ 90 cents per minute plus flagfall.... they only give you 300 bucks worth of calls at that high rate to outside calls plus only 300 again at that high rate to optus sims mobiles and home phones.... crafty buggers.... However they do include 700 megs of internet.... which may just be enough for general browsing per month. The main point being the Iphone has a Pennytel softphone option which gives you easy access and usage to pennytels cheap rates.

Just noticed when checking my account they released this today....

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 20th 2009 at 4:52 am.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 12:58 am
Banned

Hey there Ozzieeagle,

You seem to know your stuff? I have just gone over to untimed pennysim, its great, you can call any land line in the world for 8 cents untimed call.

But i have a question, i want to put a 1300, a 1800, a 13, and a 0845 numbers into my smart dial, what format do i put them in? Its just you have to put numbers into Smartdial in a international format, so what do i put before the numbers? Any help mate, well without saying, you will be my eternal friend and bussom buddy!

Keith
Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there Ozzieeagle,

You seem to know your stuff? I have just gone over to untimed pennysim, its great, you can call any land line in the world for 8 cents untimed call.

But i have a question, i want to put a 1300, a 1800, a 13, and a 0845 numbers into my smart dial, what format do i put them in? Its just you have to put numbers into Smartdial in a international format, so what do i put before the numbers? Any help mate, well without saying, you will be my eternal friend and bussom buddy!

Keith
Should be a 61 in front of the Aussie numbers.... and 44 and drop the zero infront of the UK ones.

edit !!! Whoops should be 44 in front of the UK numbers

Best of luck.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 21st 2009 at 2:32 am.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Should be a 61 in front of the Aussie numbers.... and 41 and drop the zero infront of the UK ones.

Best of luck.
Thanks

Keith
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Hey there Ozzieeagle,

Keith
So all my uk contacts on my mobile will need a 44 in front of them?
Very interested in this penny tel sims,better then a virgin paygo?
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
How much per month are you spending on Virgin.... bear in mind Virgin charge 25 cents flagfall on their calls. Beyond that though Virgin do get cheap at 10.5 cents per minute... depends on how long each call you make is.

If your making a lot of quick short calls Pennytel would be better... if you are using a few long calls then Virgin could be better. Oh and bear in mind although Virgin to Virgin calls are claimed as free. they still charge the flagfall.... whereas Pennytel to Pennytel dont.

Pennytel will be much cheaper for Overseas calls though.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 21st 2009 at 6:29 am.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Yep,

Not sure about 0800 numbers in the UK? Maybe 44800?

I am building up my phone number base on my phone, i have just swapped over to untimed, so 8 cents per call to any landline in the world, aslong as i use the smart dial feature. Put the landline in my online address book, then the application syncronises all my contacts to a new access number. I put the access number in my phone address book, under the contacts name, then phone this number when making a call, hey presto, 8 cents per call!

Keith
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I reckon Pennytel is the company that will go a long way to breaking the big telco's monopoly on high mobile call rates.

Pioneering Voip to Mobile calls.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Dam I still can't get the set up in my head!
This is what I was gonna get
3 mobiles for us(wife/son/me) to phones each other and oz contacts
iinet broadband with voip house phone
use skype to see/speak with family n friends

but trying to get head Round how to ring family n friends on there mobiles in uk on a mobile,due to most friends are ditching landline phones

I have a iPhone that I might get a contract for to browse web now and again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.