British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pending Applications in ICT??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pending-applications-ict-109582/)

JohnyC Jul 18th 2002 8:58 pm

Pending Applications in ICT???

Hello Everybody.
I am kind of shocked at the moment about ICT news. Does somebody have any idea about the pending ICT applications. Does the law applies to the new applications or to all existing ICT appl'n which are in their last stages???

David Jul 19th 2002 3:20 pm

Re: Pending Applications in ICT???

JohnyC <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello Everybody. I am kind of shocked at the moment about ICT news. Does somebody
    > have any idea about the pending ICT applications. Does the law applies to the new
    > applications or to all existing ICT appl'n which are in their last stages???
    >
    >
    >
    > --

hi i am trying to find answers to the very same question. This is what i conclude
after recieving replies to my query.

If you have been asked to submit medicals and police certificate this means that
majority of your processing has been completed and one should get a reply in approx 3
months. I also think that applications already being processed by fast track will
still be processed. It doesn't make sense for an orginasation to put applications
they are already being processing back on the shelf. I think only new applications
will be effected.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

JohnyC Jul 19th 2002 7:49 pm

I applied along with my medical & police report & got my file number on Jan17, 2002. I received a letter requiring additional docs & said that they would be taking decesion on Mar21 with or without the docs. All the docs were posted. Till now no reply.
I really dont know what to say.

David Jul 20th 2002 3:20 am

JohnyC <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I applied along with my medical & police report & got my file number on Jan17,
    > 2002. I received a letter requiring additional docs & said that they would be
    > taking decesion on Mar21 with or without the docs. All the docs were posted. Till
    > now no reply. I really dont know what to say.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Call them

Natalie Long Jul 20th 2002 7:20 am

I thhink every one back in the line again... no mather whether you are close to get
or just apply...

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > JohnyC <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Hello Everybody. I am kind of shocked at the moment about ICT news. Does somebody
    > > have any idea about the pending ICT applications. Does the law applies to the new
    > > applications or to all existing ICT appl'n which are in their last stages???
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    >
    > hi i am trying to find answers to the very same question. This is what i conclude
    > after recieving replies to my query.
    >
    > If you have been asked to submit medicals and police certificate this means that
    > majority of your processing has been completed and one should get a reply in approx
    > 3 months. I also think that applications already being processed by fast track will
    > still be processed. It doesn't make sense for an orginasation to put applications
    > they are already being processing back on the shelf. I think only new applications
    > will be effected.
    >
    > Let me know what you think
    >
    > Thanks

JohnyC Jul 22nd 2002 1:45 pm

It is strange, even my attorney is not replying to my email & voice mails. Either she is busy or doesn't know anything about this new rule.
So dear everyone , I think DIMA has passed this bill which is not made clear to the people and has a lot of grey area. Reading all the stuff on the forum is taking my interest off for Australia day by day.