Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Penang/Malaysian Airlines

Penang/Malaysian Airlines

Old Jul 16th 2004, 6:31 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Penang/Malaysian Airlines

We are off to Perth October time, and are contemplating a week or so somewhere on the way.
Penang has come up using Malaysian Airlines to get there.
We will be travelling with two young children (1 and 5).
Anyone been there? and what about Malaysian Airlines?

Cheers

PJ
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:32 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penang/Malaysian Airlines

Originally posted by Jacko1
We are off to Perth October time, and are contemplating a week or so somewhere on the way.

Cheers

PJ
They have some "interesting" procedures but you will probably get there!

Penang: many years since I was there - in fact Batu Feringhi beach (sp??) only had one hotel at each end then so you can see just how long it was! Nice beach then, with lots of cheap and tasty eateries.

We stayed at the Rasa Sayang IIRC - very pleasant. I think the place is a lot more crowded now though - but then where isn't?
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penang/Malaysian Airlines

Originally posted by Jacko1

Cheers

PJ
Absolutely 100% go for it.
I have posted several times that Malysian are the best airline to use.

Better than Singapore and more Legroom.

Just got back a couple of days ago using them and have done several times in the past.

Enjoy

G
Old Jul 17th 2004, 2:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They have some "interesting" procedures but you will probably get there!
Well put Rog!

The flight I was on last year was a little sparing on the use of the airpacks, (don't know about anything else!)I have to say.......till confronted by my mate, a First Officer, who knew exactly what they were up to and was a bit worried when I kept fainting!!

I don't want to scare anyone, they are OK to fly with, but I would warn anyone who suffers from asthma etc - if you feel you are getting tight chested etc - make a BIG fuss to the crew, as sometimes they lower the amount of oxygen in the cabin air; just makes most people drowsy.