Reload this Page >

Penalty Charge Notices on you have left the country

Penalty Charge Notices on you have left the country

Old Feb 1st 2007, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

mdickerson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Penalty Charge Notices on you have left the country

Hi Ppl,

I have received a PCN for supposedly stopping in a box junction.

I will be selling the car in a couple of weeks and heading off to OZ. If I notify DVLA that I have left the country, can a summons still be issued against me, and can the court then rule against me in my absence, such that when I return to the country, I will find a judgement against my record (and the bailiffs knocking at the door)

As I am putting all my efforts into the last few weeks preparation before departing to OZ, I would rather just ignore this and let it go-away rather than have to fight it (or give in and pay)

Any advice on this is appreciated.

Thanks - Matthew.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:51 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penalty Charge Notices on you have left the country

Originally Posted by mdickerson
Hi Ppl,

I have received a PCN for supposedly stopping in a box junction.

I will be selling the car in a couple of weeks and heading off to OZ. If I notify DVLA that I have left the country, can a summons still be issued against me, and can the court then rule against me in my absence, such that when I return to the country, I will find a judgement against my record (and the bailiffs knocking at the door)

As I am putting all my efforts into the last few weeks preparation before departing to OZ, I would rather just ignore this and let it go-away rather than have to fight it (or give in and pay)

Any advice on this is appreciated.

Thanks - Matthew.
how are you planning on fighting this?
i would suggest that you were probably caught on camera - in which case you havent a leg to stand on.

Just pay it.

Tiggs
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:35 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penalty Charge Notices on you have left the country

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
how are you planning on fighting this?
i would suggest that you were probably caught on camera - in which case you havent a leg to stand on.

Just pay it.

Tiggs
unless you can prove it wasnt you or you driving you may as well pay it and have a clean slate...dont leave any loose ends back home if you see what i mean?
They may not follow you to oz to serve the penalty but if it is left the fee will get higher and higher and they may look into serving you if you come back into the uk....not a nice present at the airport