Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pelican Waters - Caloundra

Pelican Waters - Caloundra

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

dragon1954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pelican Waters - Caloundra

A neighbour of ours is building a canal front house in Pelican Waters, so we decided to take a drive out there yesterday from Brisbane. Prices for land are about $500,000 and some of the houses that have been built and are being build look very expensive, but I wonder what it's like living there? We had a lovely lunch over looking the water at the local tavern and then drove around. NOBODY in sight!!!! It looks so sterile. I would be interested to hear what others think about Caloundra and Pelican Waters.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pelican Waters - Caloundra

Originally Posted by dragon1954
A neighbour of ours is building a canal front house in Pelican Waters, so we decided to take a drive out there yesterday from Brisbane. Prices for land are about $500,000 and some of the houses that have been built and are being build look very expensive, but I wonder what it's like living there? We had a lovely lunch over looking the water at the local tavern and then drove around. NOBODY in sight!!!! It looks so sterile. I would be interested to hear what others think about Caloundra and Pelican Waters.
Huge housing estate with a maze like set up, once in it can take hours to escape. Man made canals with brown water, houses very close together, wait till its boiling hot and every one has doors and windows open, absolute nightmare IMO. A big problem in new estates.

Houses on canals are not for me. But some like them and the more expensive blocks sometimes have ocean access for your yacht.

A lot of older people, so probably out walking and stuff at 5 am. Of course young families live there too.

The prices in there are now cheap, compared to say 3 years ago.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Yes, I agree with you. I wasn't impressed! I wouldn't like to live there!!!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Guess it what's you're used to and if that has been an acreage then yes it would feel cramped. we are loving it here, there is only one road through the place so getting lost seems challenging
It's handy enough for the town centre but on the right side for the Bruce highway.
12 mins to lands borough railway station
Loads of families with young kids
Not seen any brown canals yet
Everyone looks after the place and no shit anywhere
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Guess it what's you're used to and if that has been an acreage then yes it would feel cramped. we are loving it here, there is only one road through the place so getting lost seems challenging
It's handy enough for the town centre but on the right side for the Bruce highway.
I must say......the new houses look lovely, but it looks so quiet! I suppose it's just an extension of Caloundra though. What about work in that part of the world - or are the majority of people retirees?
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, One road with 189,000 tiny dead end streets/and a squillion subsections developed over what 20 Years?. Its infamous for being a maze, even made it onto SC memes

I guess once you live in there you obviously know your own little way out.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I must say......the new houses look lovely, but it looks so quiet! I suppose it's just an extension of Caloundra though. What about work in that part of the world - or are the majority of people retirees?
Caloundra is actually quite different to pelican, the former having a lot of very fit retirees. I also love caloundra because of beach access and sleepy town feel.
The only real work here is undertaking
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Caloundra is actually quite different to pelican, the former having a lot of very fit retirees. I also love caloundra because of beach access and sleepy town feel.
The only real work here is undertaking

Wait till a couple of thousand bikies roll into town this weekend

One of the big gangs have their annual meeting at one of the resorts there, but don't think there has ever been any trouble. Magnificent sound as they roll up the highway, saw them a few years back as we were going to bris

I know Caloundra has a sleepy reputation but I not sure its justified after doing Jury Service on a case that happened in Caloundra. OMG obviously I cant say much but bloody hell!!! It aint that sleepy
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

jt95045AAAA is an unknown quantity at this point

Pelican Waters in a fantastic spot. No brown canals, very expensive housing and middle aged families, not just retirees! If you think it's a maze try Brightwater at Mountain Creek, lol. Ok, if some of you don't like it, leaves it for the rest of us to enjoy
Old Dec 4th 2012, 1:01 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

i agree with the others dragon, great place to live, easy for shops and tavern and easy for golden beach and diamond head, great local gym at the crowne (soon to be independent), perfect for walks and bike rides to the beach or into caloundra, if you're up 5-6 you'll see the magnificent pelican pelotin flying around the streets, .... like you when i first came 8 years ago could not believe there was noone on the streets, like a scene out of 'village of the damned' ... but now its normal, depends on the time of day, lots out before work and after work - land: there are house and land packages around for less than 500k! check out boronia grove and places like that, 500k land and house is amazing as only two or three years ago there was not a house to be bought in pelican for under 500k... theres development of a pelican town centre going on, ... so they'll need to build more roads and roundabouts! ... welcome to pelican waters affectionately known as pelican spit