Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

peeps who have moved from SAwhere did you go

peeps who have moved from SAwhere did you go

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all
Default peeps who have moved from SAwhere did you go

hi there

we are wanting to move from SA and as Im sure those daring souls who have done it will testify,it is quite daunting to move your family again!!and a great worry:curse:

so I wondered if those who have moved from South australia would be willing to share your experiences please?

where did you move to and why ?have you found it much different and are you happy now or will you be moving again

many thanx
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: peeps who have moved from SAwhere did you go

I lived in Adelaide for 31 years...and I loved every minute of it
Then I met OH who lived in Perth...his children and grandchildren
are here so it was easier for me to move to Perth.
Would I go back to SA?...in a heartbeat ...but I
just have to keep going back for holidays.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough

I am presently in sa lived here for two and half years moving to Samford brisben end of March so cant tell you anything yet,did worry about moving the children again but the whole family are in agreement that Adelaide is not for us,Really looking forward to the move arranging removals very easy sold house easy found rental with two dogs easy,if you really want to move I dont think there will be much hassle Adelaide has never had my heart.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nephilim
I am presently in sa lived here for two and half years moving to Samford brisben end of March so cant tell you anything yet,did worry about moving the children again but the whole family are in agreement that Adelaide is not for us,Really looking forward to the move arranging removals very easy sold house easy found rental with two dogs easy,if you really want to move I dont think there will be much hassle Adelaide has never had my heart.
yes I know what you mean about it not feeling right.

Have you done a reccie to brisbane?

hope it all goes okay and you post your experiences
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough

Yes I travelled up one weekend as husband was working up there and has done on numerous occassions so we really had to decide on the area my husband preferes acerage hence Samford.I suppose we are fortuanate that my husbands job moves with him as he travels alot with his job maybe I would of been alot more cautious if he had to find a new job,as I think the added pressure of finding job can be soul destorying.What is it about Adelaide that doesnt feel right ?Do all of the family feel the same way?Where abouts in Adelaide are you Im in Somerton Park .regards z
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in Adelaide for our first 9 1/2 months here. I loved it and would move back in a heartbeat.

My husband couldn't find work there in his field, and after 8 months of unemployment was offered a really good job here in Perth. It was too good a package for him to turn down, so here we are. Perth is lovely and has some really great people, but Adelaide still feels much more like my Australian home to me.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Yes I travelled up one weekend as husband was working up there and has done on numerous occassions so we really had to decide on the area my husband preferes acerage hence Samford.I suppose we are fortuanate that my husbands job moves with him as he travels alot with his job maybe I would of been alot more cautious if he had to find a new job,as I think the added pressure of finding job can be soul destorying.What is it about Adelaide that doesnt feel right ?Do all of the family feel the same way?Where abouts in Adelaide are you Im in Somerton Park .regards z
we are in flagstaff hill and no all of the family dont feel the same way so we are torn.are going to do a reccie fiirst and see how we all feel.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck with your reccie im sure you wont be dissappointed my husband is in Brisbane at the moment working rang me up last night and said he just feels at home the way he described it you know that nice feeling you get inside.He went to the city centre and said that Rundle Mall has nothing on this place,you know we never bother going to the city in Adelaide,unlike at home it was nice just to go and look round the shops on a saturday afternoon.I hope you find what you are looking for regards z
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Good luck with your reccie im sure you wont be dissappointed my husband is in Brisbane at the moment working rang me up last night and said he just feels at home the way he described it you know that nice feeling you get inside.He went to the city centre and said that Rundle Mall has nothing on this place,you know we never bother going to the city in Adelaide,unlike at home it was nice just to go and look round the shops on a saturday afternoon.I hope you find what you are looking for regards z
Brisbane is great you will love it, Friday night on south bank is so nice, and Samford, wow what a spot.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that si young really looking forward to the move its been a long time coming and you all seem a nice bunch up there in Brissy I hope there is some expat meet ups to go to cheers z
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Thanks for that si young really looking forward to the move its been a long time coming and you all seem a nice bunch up there in Brissy I hope there is some expat meet ups to go to cheers z
Well we are only around the corner in The Gap so if you need any advice, just shout and we can try and help. We moved up here from Sydney about 18months ago so we know what interstate moves are all about.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

hi there,

we have just got back from brisbane today, husband has been offered a job there, so we really have to try and decide if its gonna be the right decision. we spent friday night at southbank and our little one was swimming in the lagoon at 9pm.

we are trying to way up the pros and cons, the traffic and huge distances being a real con. pros include better weather and much better job opportunities.

i really do like adelaide, we too are in flagstaff hill but the next couple of days will be nail biting.

nicola
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:01 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

We spent just over two years in Seaview Downs in Adelaide....I too miss Adelaide but can see the benefits of being here (now)

Our main deciding factor was employment opportunities, both present (for my Husband), and in the future for the kids.

I found it all very traumatic all over again....but I think that alot of that might just be me

The kids were all fine and settled again really quickly.

It's just SO hard picking that one tiny geographical spot to call your home when you truly don't have the foggiest about anywhere!!!!

I won't be moving again.....well I don't intend to. Fed up with it all now and want the cardboard boxes gone!

Jan
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Hi we spent a year in Adelaide, came back to the UK for numerous reasons, now we are planning to return- but to Perth this time, Adelaide was`nt for us either, jobs are quite hard to get, and did`nt give us the pull to stay-hoping perth is the place to be, we will soon find out

Good luck to you in your decision, it is hard but if you all stick together and agree its the right thing to do, i`m sure you`l be fine.

bluekipper
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

I am sure we will have some kind of stumbling blocks along the way so thanks si young,also blue kipper I agree unite the family half the problem solved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.