Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pedestrian 'just bounced off' bus windscreen

Wikiposts

Pedestrian 'just bounced off' bus windscreen

Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:57 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pedestrian 'just bounced off' bus windscreen

I'll put in 7.20. 5 for H&A, 2.50 for half of neighbours
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
I'll put in 7.20. 5 for H&A, 2.50 for half of neighbours
Oh dear... was just wondering why I got karma for this post... Now I know why you guys were laughing....
Uh hum: 7.50

Damn, why can you not edit posts after a certain time...grrrrrrr!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Oh dear... was just wondering why I got karma for this post... Now I know why you guys were laughing....
Uh hum: 7.50

Damn, why can you not edit posts after a certain time...grrrrrrr!!
Their giving karma for typos these days

Wyh?

JTL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

GCS15 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Pedestrian 'just bounced off' bus windscreen

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
What annoys me as a pedestrian is those drivers without any patience. Some go so far as to intimidate you. It just makes me take longer.
IF you have ever seen the results of a car v pedestrian you'd change your mind. My missus say's the same thing as you and it get's me ansy. Yeah I know what you both are saying but in the scheme of things who is showing the lack of intelligence, the person surrounded in a steel cage or the person surrounded by flesh (in my case a large layer of fat)?

Be sensible. You may be in the right but that is small comfort when you may spend the rest of your life with a disablity or in constant pain. But HEY! you were right!

My two cents based on stabilising, giving pain relief, applying splints, clearing airways, re-assuring loved ones and driving real fast with lights and sirens when a pedestrian re-affirmed my opinion that when a car hits a pedestrian (even at a low speed) there is a lot of pain, noise (quick - Penthrane for the pain in my ears from the patients screams) and long term effects from income loss and rehab.... oops my 2 cents ---- just get a move on. Let the idiots get to their destination a whole 10 seconds sooner.

But hey! we are all adults and we live with the consequences of our choices.

Last edited by GCS15; Apr 7th 2005 at 1:34 am.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GCS15
IF you have ever seen the results of a car v pedestrian you'd change your mind. My missus say's the same thing as you and it get's me ansy. Yeah I know what you both are saying but in the scheme of things who is showing the lack of intelligence, the person surrounded in a steel cage or the person surrounded by flesh (in my case a large layer of fat)?

Be sensible. You may be in the right but that is small comfort when you may spend the rest of your life with a disablity or in constant pain. But HEY! you were right!

My two cents based on stabilising, giving pain relief, applying splints, clearing airways, re-assuring loved ones and driving real fast with lights and sirens when a pedestrian re-affirmed my opinion that when a car hits a pedestrian (even at a low speed) there is a lot of pain, noise (quick - Penthrane for the pain in my ears from the patients screams) and long term effects from income loss and rehab.... oops my 2 cents ---- just get a move on. Let the idiots get to their destination a whole 10 seconds sooner.

But hey! we are all adults and we live with the consequences of our choices.
So your advice is we all leap out of the way of cars, meaning these aggressive drivers get what they want, meaning they get more aggressive, meaning that it becomes more dangerous to cross the street, meaning more deaths.

Interesting theory

JTL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

GCS15 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
So your advice is we all leap out of the way of cars, meaning these aggressive drivers get what they want, meaning they get more aggressive, meaning that it becomes more dangerous to cross the street, meaning more deaths.

Interesting theory

JTL
Kinda. My advice is to fight the fights you have a chance of winning. If a so&so driver hits you then you'll be in a world of hurt. No matter if you are right or you are wrong.

It;s not a "theory" more an observation. Personally I prefer trauma. Keeps me on my toes, I get to make a real difference (as opposed to "I feel sick. Take me to the hospital" or my favourite "I cut my face shaving" ) No I don't get off people in pain but it is my time to shine. I do take pride in my skills. It also keeps my life in perspective. Plan for tommorow but live for today, tell your missus you love her, give your parents a call and never leave angry.... well it's working for me

For what it is worth it was brown trouser time for me today when some clown nearly hit me. I was wearing a reflective vest, the lights were flashing on my "mother ship" aka red light taxi, there were police directing traffic Last I saw was said clown being loaded into the back of a paddy wagon. Woohoo. It is a bit childish of me to gloat though but there is some justice sometimes

Last edited by GCS15; Apr 7th 2005 at 1:48 am.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:49 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'd chip in to get rid of neighbours, it messes up my boys 1 and 1/2 hrs of Simpsons viewing a treat

PS, yes i agree its stupid re the green man thing
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GCS15
It is a bit childish of me to gloat though

I've kicked cars that have come to close to me when I've been crossing the street. I mean really kicked them, dented them. Funnily enough, none has ever stopped.

I'm not a small man, maybe that has had something to do with it

I'm also a driver by the way, but a v considerate driver (i think). I've had too many near death experiences in cars to take risks, and the muppets that do deserve a kick and a dent.

I sound like a car kicking looney now

Cheers,
JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Apr 7th 2005 at 1:52 am.