Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pease pottage car boot

pease pottage car boot

Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:37 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default pease pottage car boot

Was anyone from here at Pease Potage car boot sale this morning. I was selling all my stuff, made £180 so not bad for a mornings work. But getting back to the piont I heard alittle girl say she was having a car boot because she was emigrating to Australia, Just wondered if it was anyone on here.

Kala
Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:45 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pease pottage car boot

Originally Posted by kala
Was anyone from here at Pease Potage car boot sale this morning. I was selling all my stuff, made £180 so not bad for a mornings work. But getting back to the piont I heard alittle girl say she was having a car boot because she was emigrating to Australia, Just wondered if it was anyone on here.

Kala
Unrelated Kala but I just noticed you had your new venture's web address in your sig but that it isn't a link. If you edit your signature and type [ URL ] before the address and [ /URL ] after it (removing the spaces), people will be able to click on it directly. Every little helps
Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:51 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
Unrelated Kala but I just noticed you had your new venture's web address in your sig but that it isn't a link. If you edit your signature and type [ URL ] before the address and [ /URL ] after it (removing the spaces), people will be able to click on it directly. Every little helps

Cheers, I couldn't figure out how to do that and didn't want to look thick again by asking yet another computer question

Thanks again
Kala
Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:52 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, I couldn't figure out how to do that and didn't want to look thick again by asking yet another computer question
Hehe .. No worries
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:07 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Kala

Noot in Pease Potage, we to did a car boot sale yesterday (Sunday) We have now done three and NO MORE!! The rest goes to the dump.

Made about £500 out of all three!!

PJ
Old Sep 20th 2004, 10:13 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Question Re: pease pottage car boot

I'm a complete novice when it comes to selling off second-hand stuff. What sort of things sell (and what doesn't) and how do you go about pricing them?

Is a car boot sale the best way to go and, if so, how do you find out where to go? Has anyone sold stuff off any other ways (eg E-bay or similar)?

Any tips would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
PR
Old Sep 20th 2004, 11:22 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone's had the same experience of Boot sales: the stuff that walks before the handbrake is on are the things you would chuck in the tip without a thought! Old tools, spades, wrenches and the like. I got £40 for a few cactuses which have been pushing the sides out of my greenhouse for years!

It's worthwhile printing a list of furniture etc with tearoff phone numbers and putting that on the front of the table, too - free advertising.

Don't worry about pricing - wait for them to ask how much, look them in the eye and think of a number, then be prepared to come down quid or two - and off it goes!

Try www.preloved.com - you can advertise for free, as much a you like and including a photo. I sold several hundred pounds worth that way.

Good luck

PS - tried making that address into a link - didn't work!

Last edited by Rog Williams; Sep 20th 2004 at 11:26 am. Reason: URLs
Old Sep 20th 2004, 11:48 am
Just Joined

doots is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: pease pottage car boot

Kala
Wasn't me but have been thinking about doing a car boot at Pease Pottage for some time, desparetly need to clear house before we go, but having never done one I'm a bit reluctant. How long were you there for to get your £180.00 & how early does it start?
Old Sep 20th 2004, 12:21 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by doots
Wasn't me but have been thinking about doing a car boot at Pease Pottage for some time, desparetly need to clear house before we go, but having never done one I'm a bit reluctant. How long were you there for to get your £180.00 & how early does it start?

Starts at 7. I got there at about7.15 finnished at 12. The last one is next sunday so get in there quick, I should think it will be very busy with it being the last one.

It sounds like a long time but the time goes pretty quick bedause you spend the whole time laughing at how some people will try and knock you down to the most ridulous price.

For example, at the end I was saying 10p for anything, so some bloke picks up about 15 tops, all brand new with tags and tried to knock me down to 5p.

Cheers
Kala
Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:50 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Kala
Not me either, but I will be going past your way on Friday. My best friend from uni lives in Burgess Hill and I'm off to her hen party at the weekend. I'll give you a wave.
Sarah
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:46 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: pease pottage car boot

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
I think everyone's had the same experience of Boot sales: the stuff that walks before the handbrake is on are the things you would chuck in the tip without a thought! Old tools, spades, wrenches and the like. I got £40 for a few cactuses which have been pushing the sides out of my greenhouse for years!

It's worthwhile printing a list of furniture etc with tearoff phone numbers and putting that on the front of the table, too - free advertising.

Don't worry about pricing - wait for them to ask how much, look them in the eye and think of a number, then be prepared to come down quid or two - and off it goes!

Try www.preloved.com - you can advertise for free, as much a you like and including a photo. I sold several hundred pounds worth that way.

Good luck

PS - tried making that address into a link - didn't work!
Thanks Rog. A couple of good tips there by the sound of it!

By the way, your link worked very well - thank you.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 6:24 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Pleasure!

>>Thanks Rog. A couple of good tips there by the sound of it!

By the way, your link worked very well - thank you.<<

Actually, I tried all variations of the [/URL] etc to no avail - eventually I just put in the www..... and it automatically linked!