Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Peak season - When does it end

Peak season - When does it end

Old Jan 1st 2005, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Ocker is on a distinguished road
Default Peak season - When does it end

Has anybody got any idea when the holiday peak season comes to an end in Queensland? I am off work for another few Weeks and wanted to take the family away but also wanted to avoid paying over the odds for accommodation. Thanks to anyone who answers.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 4:56 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: Peak season - When does it end

Originally Posted by Ocker
Has anybody got any idea when the holiday peak season comes to an end in Queensland? I am off work for another few Weeks and wanted to take the family away but also wanted to avoid paying over the odds for accommodation. Thanks to anyone who answers.

Welcome aboard, Ocker!

State schools resume on 24 January 2005 (http://education.qld.gov.au/public_m...ml#anchor00001), so anytime after that would be good!

Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:55 am
ABCDiamond

Here are some dates from the http://www.tangalooma.com website:

High Season Rates
(25 December 2004 to 8 January 2005)
(25 March 2005 to 27 March 2005)

Low Season
(12 April 2004 to 25 December 2004)
(9 January 2005 to 25 March 2005)
(28 March 2005 to 31 March 2005)

It may be worth looking on these sites for last minute low priced accomodation:
http://www.wotif.com.au/
http://www.quickbeds.com/

Old Jan 1st 2005, 6:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi -welcome to the forum!

Are you already in Aus? Try www.wotif.com.au for cheap last minute accommodation.

[edit] - just realised ABC has already given you that link d'oh! Ah well, welcome to the forum anyway
Old Jan 1st 2005, 6:07 am
ABCDiamond

I just compared the Mercure Resort Surfers Paradise, and their rates are $197 pn to the 10th Jan and $147 from the 12th Jan.(2 Adults & 1 child), whilst other places are charging the same rates from 3rd Jan through to the 14th Jan.

It seems different hotels etc, may work on different dates.

Old Jan 1st 2005, 6:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I just compared the Mercure Resort Surfers Paradise, and their rates are $197 pn to the 10th Jan and $147 from the 12th Jan.(2 Adults & 1 child), whilst other places are charging the same rates from 3rd Jan through to the 14th Jan.

It seems different hotels etc, may work on different dates.

I know, through a friend who works for Flight Centre & because I'm going away on Feb 4th & did some price comparisons, that flights are cheaper from Jan 26th - possibly some hotels/resorts will work to that date also.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Ocker is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help. The only thing is we will have to go before the kids start back in school and my work starts back, I did just find a couple of possibles on those websites you linked to. Thank you again.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 8:58 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks for your help. The only thing is we will have to go before the kids start back in school and my work starts back, I did just find a couple of possibles on those websites you linked to. Thank you again.
Hope you find a good holiday and have a great New Year.