Reload this Page >

Peak and off Peak

Peak and off Peak

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Peak and off Peak

Hi All

Looks like we may have to validate our visas as the house sale is not happening at the moment. We have to validate by the 23rd March 2005. Just wandering whether anybody knows when the peak prices for flights to Oz start and finish.

Rgds

Richnkim
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:32 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peak and off Peak

Originally posted by RichnKim
Hi All

Looks like we may have to validate our visas as the house sale is not happening at the moment. We have to validate by the 23rd March 2005. Just wandering whether anybody knows when the peak prices for flights to Oz start and finish.

Rgds

Richnkim

I think you get cheap/dear periods all year round. If i remember from last year, you could get very cheap flights around october/november, returning on certain dates before december, then they get dear for the xmas season, then get cheap around mid april-june.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

I suppose. I really want to know when the prices start going down after Christmas period. Just trying to plan for the worst. As still hoping to have sold the house and moved on well be for next march.

Cheers
Rich
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:38 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RichnKim
I suppose. I really want to know when the prices start going down after Christmas period. Just trying to plan for the worst. As still hoping to have sold the house and moved on well be for next march.

Cheers
Rich

have you tried the online searches on sites such as expedia and airline network?? might give you a better idea. Also try a search on here for cheap flights, this has come up before if i remember rightly!
good luck!!

sue
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:58 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
have you tried the online searches on sites such as expedia and airline network?? might give you a better idea. Also try a search on here for cheap flights, this has come up before if i remember rightly!
good luck!!

sue
There have been at least 2 threads on this in the last fortnight.
Cheap flights to Oz
Cheap Airfare Quotes and Airlines
Do a search if these don't answer the question
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:59 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Peak period starts at the beginning of July and lasts to the end of September, although it is still possible to get good deals in this period. The second peak is over Christmas - beginning of December to mid-January.

Some of the best deals seem to be in March/April/May and October.

We went to Oz last Novemeber, leaving on 30 Oct, returning on 19 November and we got a good deal.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
We went to Oz last Novemeber, leaving on 30 Oct, returning on 19 November and we got a good deal.
That's when we're going this year (MAN -> BNE). £660 with Emirates through Thomas Cook.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:03 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
That's when we're going this year (MAN -> BNE). £660 with Emirates through Thomas Cook.

Yep, we did Emirates too, London-Dubai-Sing-Brissie. Got it for £535 on Airline Network, booked in June.

Wasn't impressed with Emirates though, but that's another story!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guy's for reply's gives me something to start with.

Cheers

Rich
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:06 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by bundy
Yep, we did Emirates too, London-Dubai-Sing-Brissie. Got it for £535 on Airline Network, booked in June.

Wasn't impressed with Emirates though, but that's another story!
I checked Airline Network every day for a fortnight (knowing how airline prices change almost by the minute ). they kept offering me about £535, then when I had clicked on proceed:
"Oh sorry, no seats left on that flight, try this one at £2300". :scared:
A mate of mine is a major international jet-setter (), he has flown Emirates many times and speaks highly of them. I've heard lots of good and lots of bad so hope I have a good experience!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:09 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by wmoore
I checked Airline Network every day for a fortnight (knowing how airline prices change almost by the minute ). they kept offering me about £535, then when I had clicked on proceed:
"Oh sorry, no seats left on that flight, try this one at £2300". :scared:
A mate of mine is a major international jet-setter (), he has flown Emirates many times and speaks highly of them. I've heard lots of good and lots of bad so hope I have a good experience!

I think I was lucky when I booked ours....

Be warned, Emirates lost our luggage on the way home and we were informed that the Brisbane leg (both in and out of Brissie) is notorious for lost luggage. They tend to forget to transfer the Brisbane luggage onto the plane coming in/out of Brisbane and therefore leave it sitting on the runway at Dubai for a day or three. Happened to 30 or so of us on our flight, and one poor family who had it happen on the way and the way back!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

We changed our departure date from the 8th to the 16th of this month because of a drop in fares.

Paul.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:53 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
We changed our departure date from the 8th to the 16th of this month because of a drop in fares.

Paul.
BTW, where are you two going in Oz?
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Brisbane.

Paul