Reload this Page >

PCC's and Medicals - Subclass 138

PCC's and Medicals - Subclass 138

Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

tallbloke67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy PCC's and Medicals - Subclass 138

Hello All

I received a request through my agent on 12th July asking for me to get my meds and PCC's done and returned by 20th Sept, tomorrow. This has all been done by early september and am getting nervous as I have a possible job lined up, starting October. After days of waking at 0400 and not hearing a thing I plumped to call DIMIA and see what the state of play was. I was told that they had received assurance approval, meds but were waiting on police clearance! I had sent all to our agent and they sent all on. Why are they now asking for Police certs? They should have them or is there further checks that need to be made? I am normally an easy-going laid back guy who never gets stressed, until now. This wait is making me ill.

I have everything lined up in the way of accomodation as my parents are living in Port Kennedy and I can stay with them until my family arrives in Jan. my parents are on the retirement visa and hope to go perm when we arrive.

I need to know as I want to start living again.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice
Default Re: PCC's and Medicals - Subclass 138

Originally Posted by tallbloke67
Hello All

I received a request through my agent on 12th July asking for me to get my meds and PCC's done and returned by 20th Sept, tomorrow. This has all been done by early september and am getting nervous as I have a possible job lined up, starting October. After days of waking at 0400 and not hearing a thing I plumped to call DIMIA and see what the state of play was. I was told that they had received assurance approval, meds but were waiting on police clearance! I had sent all to our agent and they sent all on. Why are they now asking for Police certs? They should have them or is there further checks that need to be made? I am normally an easy-going laid back guy who never gets stressed, until now. This wait is making me ill.

I have everything lined up in the way of accomodation as my parents are living in Port Kennedy and I can stay with them until my family arrives in Jan. my parents are on the retirement visa and hope to go perm when we arrive.

Can't offer any insight, but would like to say "good luck" with it. I know what you mean about the waiting changing your behaviour.

Can anyone else offer some guidance?

SG (calming karma sent)
Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All

I would say probably 3 things....

#1 Agent never sent them on
or
#2 Dimia have lost them
or
#3 Lost in the post

No3. Is the most uncommon factor but the most widely used excuse. If they were couriered check the tracking on them. There are two differerent addresses to use (I dont know if people know this) and one is for courier mail only, the other normal post only.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:54 pm
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

Hello All

I was told that they had received assurance approval, meds but were waiting on police clearance! I had sent all to our agent and they sent all on. Why are they now asking for Police certs?
First of all don't panic. This happened to me. I sent the PCC's and they seemed to get lost by Adelaide. I contacted my agent and he emailed copies he had taken to my CO and we had the visa a couple of days later.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Stephen

I am hoping that you are wrong on three counts! It was strange however when I rang them becuase the lady started giving me details of many things and then said "Oh we cannot tell you anything as your agent is the only one who can contact us", how bizarre.

Do you think I should e-mail my CO as I have his address as it was on the footer of the doccos they sent through?

Originally Posted by Stephen
I would say probably 3 things....

#1 Agent never sent them on
or
#2 Dimia have lost them
or
#3 Lost in the post

No3. Is the most uncommon factor but the most widely used excuse. If they were couriered check the tracking on them. There are two differerent addresses to use (I dont know if people know this) and one is for courier mail only, the other normal post only.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: PCC's and Medicals - Subclass 138

Thanks

My agant has contacted them and this was last week at some point. I called them on Thursday and they mentioned that they had rec an e-mail from my agent.

Originally Posted by The Genie
First of all don't panic. This happened to me. I sent the PCC's and they seemed to get lost by Adelaide. I contacted my agent and he emailed copies he had taken to my CO and we had the visa a couple of days later.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Stephen

I am hoping that you are wrong on three counts! It was strange however when I rang them becuase the lady started giving me details of many things and then said "Oh we cannot tell you anything as your agent is the only one who can contact us", how bizarre.

Do you think I should e-mail my CO as I have his address as it was on the footer of the doccos they sent through?
Yeah, why not? Email with your file reference and explain your anxiety. As long as an email is polite, appreciative of their time and genuine, most people are happy to help. You need to KNOW this as it affects your future plans....ie Do you need to do more police checks as the others are lost (Did you copy them?)
Old Sep 21st 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Well

I sent the e-mail and you will never guess what. No, I received an Out-of-office reply saying that my CO was on his hols until 02/10. He did state on his message though that someone else should be contacted in case of emergencies or if it was urgent! I mean I know it was not urgent or any danger is involved anywhere but i sent one and still no reply.

I am getting converned now as others have received their visas and they applied after me! Has anyone any idea how long the processing for 138 skilled sponsored is taking? Are they longer for this category at the moment?

Originally Posted by Stephen
Yeah, why not? Email with your file reference and explain your anxiety. As long as an email is polite, appreciative of their time and genuine, most people are happy to help. You need to KNOW this as it affects your future plans....ie Do you need to do more police checks as the others are lost (Did you copy them?)
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:00 pm
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

Well

I sent the e-mail and you will never guess what. No, I received an Out-of-office reply saying that my CO was on his hols until 02/10. He did state on his message though that someone else should be contacted in case of emergencies or if it was urgent! I mean I know it was not urgent or any danger is involved anywhere but i sent one and still no reply.

I am getting converned now as others have received their visas and they applied after me! Has anyone any idea how long the processing for 138 skilled sponsored is taking? Are they longer for this category at the moment?
Spooky. I emailed my CO when I didn't hear anything and got an out of office reply. She was on holiday for 6 weeks . It all worked out ok in the end though.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi mate

got my visa through on Weds all was well. Should be out asap or at the latest in Jan 2007.

Originally Posted by The Genie
Spooky. I emailed my CO when I didn't hear anything and got an out of office reply. She was on holiday for 6 weeks . It all worked out ok in the end though.