Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PC repairs, Perth NOR ?

PC repairs, Perth NOR ?

Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default PC repairs, Perth NOR ?

We have a home PC and a laptop. When we came here we set up the wireless for the laptop but the PC was still being shipped out. We have tried setting it up ourselves, but it just wont work. We called some guy out who stayed for an hour and got it up & running, then the next day it wouldnt work again.

Can anyone recommend somebody ? Getting a bit fed up all 3 of us fighting over the laptop !

Thanks

Nicky
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC repairs, Perth NOR ?

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
We have a home PC and a laptop. When we came here we set up the wireless for the laptop but the PC was still being shipped out. We have tried setting it up ourselves, but it just wont work. We called some guy out who stayed for an hour and got it up & running, then the next day it wouldnt work again.

Can anyone recommend somebody ? Getting a bit fed up all 3 of us fighting over the laptop !

Thanks

Nicky

We have used the PC Hospital in the past.................. very happy with them. Quality service and very reasonable rates.

They have an ad runs weekly in the Wanneroo Times......... shows a cartoon logo of a doctor attaching a stethoscope to a PC............. their ad attracted our attention cos it was funny...............and as it turned out they were top notch.

Phone Number : 9307 4726

Bloke who fixed us up on both occasions was Mathew Boynes......... he did a top class job.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Wireless can be notoriously dodgy depending on the wireless card and router compatability. As you say the guy that came had it working, if you call someone else out I am sure they can get it working to but then the next day it may fail again.

I have the same problems and I am an IT guy!

On the pc if you check the settings for the wireless connection make sure the correct code is in there, if it is blank it out, try a connection which will fail, then put the correct code in and try to connect again. I find this oftern works

The only real way around this type of problem is make sure the PC wireless card and the router are the same brand, such as D-link, then you shouldnt have any trouble

Hope that helps

Dave
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
We have used the PC Hospital in the past.................. very happy with them. Quality service and very reasonable rates.

They have an ad runs weekly in the Wanneroo Times......... shows a cartoon logo of a doctor attaching a stethoscope to a PC............. their ad attracted our attention cos it was funny...............and as it turned out they were top notch.

Phone Number : 9307 4726

Bloke who fixed us up on both occasions was Mathew Boynes......... he did a top class job.

Thanks Bobcat ! will give him a ring, good to see you back BTW

Nicky

Originally Posted by dave99
Wireless can be notoriously dodgy depending on the wireless card and router compatability. As you say the guy that came had it working, if you call someone else out I am sure they can get it working to but then the next day it may fail again.

I have the same problems and I am an IT guy!

On the pc if you check the settings for the wireless connection make sure the correct code is in there, if it is blank it out, try a connection which will fail, then put the correct code in and try to connect again. I find this oftern works

The only real way around this type of problem is make sure the PC wireless card and the router are the same brand, such as D-link, then you shouldnt have any trouble

Hope that helps

Dave

Im sorry, you lost me there Think i had better get someone in to have a look. Everytime me or John ( especially John ) fiddle around with things it tends to make it worse

Cheers

Nicky
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:48 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Give this guy a call, and when he gets there, smack him in the head with a baseball bat for me please:

Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
Give this guy a call, and when he gets there, smack him in the head with a baseball bat for me please:

http://www.arrowcomputers.com.au/images/p4executive.jpg

With pleasure !

Nicky