Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PC Component parts, are they dearer in Australia?

PC Component parts, are they dearer in Australia?

Old Apr 6th 2012, 5:25 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default PC Component parts, are they dearer in Australia?

Hi,

My current PC that was a reasonable gaming spec is getting a bit elderly now (Phenom II, 4870HD). Added to that the case is in dire need of a replacement, it's held 2-3 complete builds is in it time. I'm about to order a case but it occured to me that as I'm coming to Australia in 4 months or so is really worth doing it now and shipping it over or would I be better off ditching the PC (taking the HDD's over in caddy's) and starting from scratch in Australia? If anybody can advise on PC component stores or websites that are popular down under that would be just great.

Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC Component parts, are they dearer in Australia?

Hi, the only other thing to think about is that if you buy stuff before coming to aus and it blows up or gets damp in shipping then you will have the hassele of getting it sent back before its replaced under warrenty, if you can do that.

Prices in aus arent to expensive, heres an example of a place in perth :
http://www.ple.com.au/
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:38 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
Hi, the only other thing to think about is that if you buy stuff before coming to aus and it blows up or gets damp in shipping then you will have the hassele of getting it sent back before its replaced under warrenty, if you can do that.

Prices in aus arent to expensive, heres an example of a place in perth :
http://www.ple.com.au/
Thanks for the reply, I had been thinking about the possibility for damage enroute, had a quick look at that site and it does look ok, looks like the old case will have to chug on for a bit longer. I'll bring the hard drives over and maybe the psu as its relatively new but I'll probably grab the rest on arrival, got 2 laptops to tide us over for a bit anyway.

Cheers
Old Apr 6th 2012, 10:22 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

umart and msy are other two geek suppliers. Hard disks since expensive post thai floods but on their way down slowly
Old Apr 7th 2012, 2:59 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: PC Component parts, are they dearer in Australia?

MSY is the perfect place for people who know what they're doing and know what they want. Walk in, grab what you need, walk out.

Prices are comparable to the USA.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

MSY is ok if you know exactly what you want, and you know they have it - just don't expect any kind of customer service from them!!

Another place to look at is PC Case Gear.