pc advise

Old May 11th 2007, 11:14 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default pc advise

i was wondering,can you order from dell in oz...??

i want one of those home entertainment centers...i was wondering could anyone tell me how you do it..i want tv from my pc and the broadcast it wireless to tvs round the house,,
i also want a projector and would like also to send pictures and films to that..

i went to currys a while ago and they were sending the pictures/films from the pc wireless to an xbox connected to the television...there was also a remote that controlled everything which was £600..

any advise please on how it all works would be great ,,

thank you

aston

Last edited by aston man; May 11th 2007 at 11:24 pm.
Old May 11th 2007, 11:23 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pc advise

Originally Posted by aston man

i want one of those home entertainment centers...i was wondering could anyone tell me how you do it..i want tv from my pc and the broadcast it wireless to tvs round the house,,
i also want a projector and would like also to send pictures and films to that..

i went to currys a while ago and they were sending the pictures from the pc wireless to an xbox connected to the television...there was also a remote that controlled everything which was £600..

thank you

aston
try the lab Ast they would know
Old May 11th 2007, 11:26 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

i went to currys a while ago and they were sending the pictures/films from the pc wireless to an xbox connected to the television...there was also a remote that controlled everything which was £600..

thank you

aston
Yes you can buy dell in Oz if you must. The rest of what you want is possible, don't know if dell machines come with that capability, but if you get stuck I can get the relevent wireless bits and projector to add to a PC.
Old May 11th 2007, 11:30 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Yes you can buy dell in Oz if you must. The rest of what you want is possible, don't know if dell machines come with that capability, but if you get stuck I can get the relevent wireless bits and projector to add to a PC.
would that be a digital projector,,what pc would you recommend?
and how do you do it?

thanks arkon?
Old May 12th 2007, 4:18 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Aston, I'm copying your thread into the Lab too.

Buzzy
Old May 12th 2007, 9:49 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

and how do you do it?

thanks arkon?
My current reccomendations are for this:-

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Asus Commando Motherboard or GA-965P-DS3 or 4
2GB DDR2 667 Ram (800 too expensive at the mo)
Asus or Gig 8800GTS DDR3 Graphics card
WD 500G SATA2 HDD maybe 2 of them.
Corsair 600w or 620w PSU
Vista Home premium

as for a projector: the BenQ MP510
SVGA, 1500ANSI, 2000:1, 1280x1024, DSUB, White at about $1080 is not
bad, but projectors don't really go a high enough resolution to get the best out of a nice shiney new 8800GTS graphics card. My favorite monitor at the moment is the Benq FP241W 24"WIDESCREEN, 500nits, 1000:1, 6ms, DSUB, DVI-D, HDMI, SVID, BLACK at about $1650.

Aston, heres the spec for the projector
Native Resolution: SVGA (800 x 600)
Projection System: DLP™ Technology by Texas Instruments
Brightness: 1500 ANSI Lumen
Lamp: 160W, Up to 2000/3000 hours (Normal/Economic mode)
Contrast Ratio: 2000:1 (Full on/Full Off)
Weight: 2.6 kg
Noise Level: <26/22 dB (normal / economic mode)
Resolution Support: 1280 x 1024
Dimensions (WxHxD): 277 x 95 x 208 mm (W x H x D)
Image Size: 30" to 300"
Throw Distance: 50" @ 2m (50" @ 6.6 feet)
Display Colour: Full 16.7 million colour palette
Aspect Ratio: 4:3/16:9 screen selectable
Projection Position: Front/Rear, Table/Ceiling
Input Terminals: D-Sub, Composite Video, S-Video, PC Audio, Video L/R audio, Component Video via D-Sub
Video Compatibility: NTSC/PAL/SECAM
Features:
Wall Colour Correction
Resolution reminder
Blank
High Altitude mode
7 sets of picture mode
HDTV Compatible
Macintosh® Compatible
Presentation Timer
Auto Adjustment
Auto off
Security password
Auto source detection
"Mode" hot key

As you can see it's a dsub input not digital and the native res is only 800x600 You need to spend a lot more for a better one.
I'll search and see what I can find.

Last edited by arkon; May 12th 2007 at 9:52 am.
Old May 12th 2007, 9:57 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

and how do you do it?

thanks arkon?
Heres a digital one that might suit a bit better.

Benq PB8263
Specifications

Image Size: 31” to 300”
Brightness: 4000 ANSI lumens
Contrast: 2000:01
Lamp: 300W NSH, Up to 2000/3000 hours (Normal/Economic mode)
Projection System: DLP technology by Texas Instruments®
Native Resolution: XGA (1024 x 768)
Video Compatible: NTSC/PAL/SECAM
Input Terminal: RGB, Component (YCbCr,YPbPr): Shared via Analog-D-Sub 15 pin x 1, DVI-I x 1, S-Video Mini DIN 4 pin x 1, Composite Video x 1, PC Audio Jack, L/R Audio RCA x 2
Output Terminal: Analog D-sub 15 pin x 1, 1 Watt Speaker
Noise Level: <34/31 dB (normal / economic mode)
Dimensions: 320 x 106 x 236 mm (W x H x D)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 Native / 16:9 selectable
Projection Position: Front/Rear, Table/Ceiling
Standard Accessories: User's Manual, Remote control, Battery, Manual CD/PC audio cable, Warranty Information Booklet, Power cable, USB cable, VGA cable, Soft carry case, RCA composite cable
Features Digital: 5 Segment Colour Wheel, Auto Digital Keystone, Auto Phase Adjustment , Freeze, Blank , Picture-in-Picture, Economic Mode, Digital Zoom, High Altitude Mode , Warranty: 2 years OSP
Weight: 3.6kg

comes in at about $3200 (RRP $5099) Problem is supply, all are on back order at the moment.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Projector? Drool here: http://www.epson.com.au/products/pro.../emptw1000.asp:
Old May 13th 2007, 12:52 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Not a bad one, and only about $4500.
Old May 13th 2007, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

aston man, you can order direct from Dell in sydney go to there website then email them direct.
i work for the education dept here in melbourne & have recently ordered 100 pc's and 17 laptops with no problems at all

arthur
Old May 13th 2007, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Melchels is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=arkon;4769798]My current reccomendations are for this:-

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Corsair 600w or 620w PSU
Vista Home premium

Hi Arkon, Can you recommend a good cooler for an E6600? Also is an Antec P150 a reasonable box and supply to run the above?
Old May 13th 2007, 7:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Aston, when you get to Perth, get in touch with me and my husband will come around to get your new system set up. He'll probably even take you shopping to all the best computer shops to get what you need/want.
Old May 13th 2007, 7:52 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

[QUOTE=Melchels;4772665]
My current reccomendations are for this:-

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Corsair 600w or 620w PSU
Vista Home premium

Hi Arkon, Can you recommend a good cooler for an E6600? Also is an Antec P150 a reasonable box and supply to run the above?
The Antec P150 is a good case and a good 430w PSU, This is just adequate so long as you don't have multiple HDD's and 2 GFX cards fitted. If you don't intend to stuff the box with extra drives, burners, water coolers etc then this is fine. Personally I'd fit a 500w plus but thats because I do tend to stuff the pc full of extra stuff over time until it resembles a shopping trolly.

As for the E6600's cooler, If you buy the boxed version then it comes with a pretty good cooler as standard which is more than good enough unless you plan to overclock and even then it's not bad. If you need a better cooler go for something like the Zalman CNPS9500 AT Ultra Quiet around $70, I like this one because the fan is mounted vertically and pushes the air away from the mobo. It's worth noting though that the stock coolers tend to fit in all cases whereas some of the fancy big coolers are a squeeze to fit into anything too small, and the P150 isn't a full tower more of a midi tower. hope this helps.
Old May 13th 2007, 9:43 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=arkon;4772803]
Originally Posted by Melchels

The Antec P150 is a good case and a good 430w PSU, This is just adequate so long as you don't have multiple HDD's and 2 GFX cards fitted. If you don't intend to stuff the box with extra drives, burners, water coolers etc then this is fine. Personally I'd fit a 500w plus but thats because I do tend to stuff the pc full of extra stuff over time until it resembles a shopping trolly.

As for the E6600's cooler, If you buy the boxed version then it comes with a pretty good cooler as standard which is more than good enough unless you plan to overclock and even then it's not bad. If you need a better cooler go for something like the Zalman CNPS9500 AT Ultra Quiet around $70, I like this one because the fan is mounted vertically and pushes the air away from the mobo. It's worth noting though that the stock coolers tend to fit in all cases whereas some of the fancy big coolers are a squeeze to fit into anything too small, and the P150 isn't a full tower more of a midi tower. hope this helps.
Had a very similar Zalman cooler to that and it sheered off in transit to Australia, taking most of my mobo with it.
Old May 13th 2007, 11:42 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

[QUOTE=Hutch;4773062]

Had a very similar Zalman cooler to that and it sheered off in transit to Australia, taking most of my mobo with it.
Cool. Yes they will do that. Thats why I only fit standard coolers to my machines I sell. one drop by the postie and kiss goodbye to half your innards. It's a good warning to others bringing out PC's though, If they do have large mass items inside the PC like coolers and big GFX cards it might be wise to remove them prior to transport and send them in a seperate box.

I benchmarked my machine using 3dmark and it came out in the top 30 machines of the same spec and un-overclocked. I was toying with overclocking it to get a better score but luckily vanity isn't my strong point and I prefur safe and sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.