Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PB's leaving card

Wikiposts

PB's leaving card

Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:47 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

'Happy Days' PB in the UK,

Bet your new 'dog box' will be warmer than mine in winter and cooler than mine in the summer.

Good luck and at last you can go home
Old Aug 13th 2003, 3:53 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PB's leaving card

The ultimate form of flattery is of course immitation. And PB has more than his fair share of immitators.
Two more have set up in the last 48 hours.

Right Gra.B?
Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:48 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in the UK PB. I hope the UK turns out to be everything for you that I hope Perth will be for me.
Oh and thanks for slapping those rose tinted specks right off my face, I now feel prepared for the negative aspects of life in Perth as well as the positive and hopefully this will give us a better chance of sucess.

ACE
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:09 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

PB, old heart, never forget, (when others attack you), you have your DIGNITY and INTEGRITY!

You are an old bison at heart and loved by all, even by those who are envious of your wit, sharp intelligence and lucidity.

GOOD ONYA, MATE! GOOD ONYA, MATE! GOOD ONYA, MATE! (Said it three times, loudly, so that everybody knows you are proud to wave that Aus passport whenever you wish to come back.

Thanks for being the nuclear fuel of the forum.
Attached Thumbnails PB's leaving card-bison7.jpg  
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:39 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Well, well. It seems you really have become something of a celebrity on this site. Good going for a village idiot.

I've enjoyed ripping the piss out of you, and it seems I'll have to find someone else now. Wilfo is a candidate, but an in-frequent poster, Dotty...takes things to personally. There are probably others, but we shall see.

Personally, I think you will come back to this site, but with a different pseudonym.

Anyway, in all seriousness, good luck and happyness.

All The Best,

Keith.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by southerner

Right Gra.B?
Hey! That makes it sound like it's me! Not guilty m'lud!

Actually I feel a bit left out...never suffered the wrath of PB...

So come on Pommie, gimme some abuse so I know what I'm missing!

Good luck though,

Gra..
Old Aug 13th 2003, 10:04 am
earlswood

Good Luck Mr & Mrs Pommie!

Happy days in Kinver (15 mins up the Rd from me).

Hope you carry on posting when you arrive with the same guise (wouldn't want you to change would we)

Earlswood

Old Aug 13th 2003, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
When people leave jobs, they often get a leaving card for everyone to sign, and I do not see why Pommie should be any exception for all the sterling work he has done on this forum.

Good luck with the new life, PB, and thanks for many entertaining posts. You strike me as an intelligent bloke with a broad back and a very good sense of humour, and I am sure the forum will be a much duller place for your going.

All the best old son,

Wilf

Good bye for now Pommie....Thanks for the memories...............

But do come back soon..........
Old Aug 13th 2003, 10:46 am
Carol in Oz

Originally posted by Wilf
When people leave jobs, they often get a leaving card for everyone to sign, and I do not see why Pommie should be any exception for all the sterling work he has done on this forum.

Good luck with the new life, PB, and thanks for many entertaining posts. You strike me as an intelligent bloke with a broad back and a very good sense of humour, and I am sure the forum will be a much duller place for your going.

All the best old son,

Wilf

Best of British PB and your family.
I wish something like this forum and your good self had been around 34 years ago to make me think more about what I was doing, then maybe.........
Not sure where you are going back to or which airport but if you are flying into Heathrow over those wonderful fields of green think of us just a little.

Carol NSW

Old Aug 13th 2003, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pommie_Bastard
I'm the king of the castle,
Your the dirty rascal.

Good Riddance to you
Hope you step in a poo
Good Riddance Dear PeeBeeEee
Good Riddance to you

Good Riddance to you
You belong in a zoo
Good Riddance to you

Good Riddance to you
Dont come back too soon
Good Riddance to you

Good Riddance to you
I'm over the moon
Good Riddance to you

You are nasty.....................
:scared:
Old Aug 13th 2003, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Carol_in Oz
Best of British PB and your family.
I wish something like this forum and your good self had been around 34 years ago to make me think more about what I was doing, then maybe.........
Not sure where you are going back to or which airport but if you are flying into Heathrow over those wonderful fields of green think of us just a little.

Carol NSW
Just being nosey Carol, Is it not p[ossible for you to go back?????????
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:00 am
Keelie

So long Pommie B.
It's quite plain to me
You're not the bad 'guy'
You've pretended to be.

Love ya, or hate you
on this expat site,
Your mission in life
was to prod and to bite,
to fill some with dread,
and others with fright.

Your words could be tough
and not always nice,
but we got the point...
There's no Paradise.

Good luck in blighty, will look for you in your next 'incarnation'

Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Keelie
So long Pommie B.
It's quite plain to me
You're not the bad 'guy'
You've pretended to be.

Love ya, or hate you
on this expat site,
Your mission in life
was to prod and to bite,
to fill some with dread,
and others with fright.

Your words could be tough
and not always nice,
but we got the point...
There's no Paradise.

Good luck in blighty, will look for you in your next 'incarnation'

...... And this all the way from Canada ..........LOL.........
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:27 am
Carol in Oz

Originally posted by april
Just being nosey Carol, Is it not p[ossible for you to go back?????????

Always possible, always a choice. Husband wont go, daughters wont go and not much family left there now either.
My life here is good but have been forever homesick. Its tough wanting to be in 2 places at the same time always feeling unsettled. In a way I admire those who have the courage to pack up and go back. But I have nothing and no one to go back to now so here I shall stay.
I used to work with a lady from Uk, she was so unsettled and after a few years here the whole family moved back to UK for her and came back again after a few years. She was forever backwards and forwards but her family would now not go back with her. She eventually left her husband, children and grandchildren and returned to England on her own to live where she eventually died alone.
I could never leave my family here they are my life now and this is now my home.
Carol

ps going home for a visit next year to visit last remaining aunt!

Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:44 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Good luck PB ,you Jammy sod! Spare a thought for us poor souls who are still waiting upon our release .
I wish you all the best in "Blighty" and do us a favour .... go kick Betty and big ears up the arse from me

Seriously, all the best to you and your family, I hope it works out for you. This forum will not be the same without you. Perhaps you can post in the moving back to the UK forum in future.. or god help.- the lounge, that needs livening up a bit!

Just think you will now be an Aussie expat in the UK.. lol (well, you are an aussie citizen aren't you)

bye, bye, farewell............ Pob lwc (good luck)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.