Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PB Tabloid: Commonwealth: 600 jobs axed

PB Tabloid: Commonwealth: 600 jobs axed

Old Jul 29th 2003, 12:07 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Commonwealth: 600 jobs axed

This will be of no interest to most on here but any one hoping to flee the bank cuts in the UK can dream on.
Yet another case of Wait Awhile Australia , UK today here next year as far job losses go .

AUSTRALIA'S Commonwealth Bank announced plans today to axe another 600 jobs in its retail banking services in addition to 1,600 redundancies already in the pipeline.

It's the result of a continuing review or assessment that we make of the branch network, of efficiencies and customer service levels, workloads and what have you," a spokesman said. "As a result, 600 positions have been made redundant."

The bank is undertaking a McKinsey-led review of its operations and is looking to cut 500 million dollars (325 million US) in costs and lead a "cultural transformation" of the business.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E1702,00.html

Old Jul 29th 2003, 5:58 am
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Commonwealth: 600 jobs axed

Could this finally be the banking sector facing up to the future? Will the next step be free banking or just higher profits?
Old Jul 29th 2003, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

NinaU is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
This will be of no interest to most on here but any one hoping to flee the bank cuts in the UK can dream on.
Yet another case of Wait Awhile Australia , UK today here next year as far job losses go .

Doesn't look good for us........but then we already know that as far as our career and earnings go , it will be a major climb down. But hey, I am willing to do any admin/operations kind of a job par-time.......... I'm planning to semi retire at 35!

Nina
Old Jul 31st 2003, 12:27 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dinky
Could this finally be the banking sector facing up to the future? Will the next step be free banking or just higher profits?
In Australia profits are the main aim service comes last , everything here has a Admin charge added on top of the price or service.

Old Jul 31st 2003, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

In Australia profits are the main aim service comes last , everything here has a Admin charge added on top of the price or service.

Unlike the UK where the banks do everything for FREE?
Perhapse thats why 45,000 jobs have gone in the Financial Services Industry over the last 2 years.

Companies want profit. its a wordwide trend.

PC
Old Aug 1st 2003, 12:27 am
Banned

Originally posted by porkchop
Unlike the UK where the banks do everything for FREE?
Perhapse thats why 45,000 jobs have gone in the Financial Services Industry over the last 2 years.

Companies want profit. its a wordwide trend.

PC
Banks in the UK do not charge anywhere like the Aussie banks dream on , the bastards make admin charges for every service .
Australia is closing branches down at a higher rate than the UK and it has nowhere the same amount of Financial Services as Great Britain which is only second to the USA.

Old Aug 1st 2003, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Banks in the UK do not charge anywhere like the Aussie banks dream on , the bastards make admin charges for every service .
Australia is closing branches down at a higher rate than the UK and it has nowhere the same amount of Financial Services as Great Britain which is only second to the USA.

Uk banks may not charge like the Aus banks but they also dont give interest like the Aus banks. You would be lucky to get .5% on a current account in the UK, and could get 4% in Aus.
If you have your mortgage or hold an amount of money in an Aus bank they generaly waive admin charges.
Must disagree about branch closures too. A vast number of banks have closed in the Uk with many more planned due to bank mergers and takeovers. Many of the financial services companies operating in the Uk are backed by Australian expertise.
The Uk are looking at a model bank, unmaned, Cash and deposit machines. Then most people can manage without a visit to their bank these days.
Cost cutting is a worldwide exercise to maintain profits in difficult times.

PC
Old Aug 4th 2003, 12:07 am
Banned

If you have your mortgage or hold an amount of money in an Aus bank they generaly waive admin charges.

PC
You are a dreamer forget the fact interest rates in Australia are always higher than the UK you will get charged for every service and some cases twice for the same thing.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

You are a dreamer forget the fact interest rates in Australia are always higher than the UK you will get charged for every service and some cases twice for the same thing.

You can not bring yourself to agree with anything I post can you?
So you pedle more lies to save face.
Just makes you look a bigger twat than you are already.

In recent times Australia has had higher interest rates than the UK, but this is not ALWAYS the case.
I have my mortgage with the Bank and therefore pay no charges for day to day transactions. Many banks here adopt this stance.

PC
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:27 am
Banned

You can not bring yourself to agree with anything I post can you?
So you pedle more lies to save face.
Just makes you look a bigger twat than you are already.

In recent times Australia has had higher interest rates than the UK, but this is not ALWAYS the case.
I have my mortgage with the Bank and therefore pay no charges for day to day transactions. Many banks here adopt this stance.

PC
Fine as long as I can remember the rates have been higher as they are now prove different , all mortgages have an accounting fee in Australia , your turn?

Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Fine as long as I can remember the rates have been higher as they are now prove different , all mortgages have an accounting fee in Australia , your turn?

As recent as January 2001 the Uk rate was .25% higher than the rate in Australia.
compare on www.moneyworld.co.uk and www.rba.gov.au
I pay no accounting fee on my mortgage. There is an accounting fee only for late payment.
For those that want proper advise on bank account charges I sugest that you check with individual banks. But dont use the same bank as PB as he is obviously getting ripped off.
Mr Gullible as usual.

PC
Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:02 am
Banned

As recent as January 2001 the Uk rate was .25% higher than the rate in Australia.
compare on www.moneyworld.co.uk
I pay no accounting fee on my mortgage. There is an accounting fee only for late payment.
For those that want proper advise on bank account charges I sugest that you check with individual banks. But dont use the same bank as PB as he is obviously getting ripped off.
Mr Gullible as usual.

PC
Mortgage rate old boy try again , yes I like all others have been shafted by the banks here.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Mortgage rate old boy try again , yes I like all others have been shafted by the banks here.
Tis not difficult to shaft PB he seems to make it his lifes ambition to see how many people can shaft him. :scared:
Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:06 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Tis not difficult to shaft PB he seems to make it his lifes ambition to see how many people can shaft him. :scared:
You should try it sometime a little Kiwipaul might give you a life.
This near do well shouts loud (Porkie) but says bugger all.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 4th 2003 at 7:09 am.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

You should try it sometime a little Kiwipaul might give you a life.

Quite content with the life I've got at the mo, more than can be said of a failed refugee that I know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.