Wikiposts

PaySlips

Old Dec 19th 2004, 5:20 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PaySlips

Every job I have ever had, I got regular payslips.
My (first) Australian employer doesn't bother with them but will give me an annual statement at the end of the tax year.
Is this normal?
Is this legal?
Should I be suspicious?

Andrew
Old Dec 19th 2004, 5:36 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Re: PaySlips

Originally Posted by andrew63
My (first) Australian employer doesn't bother with them but will give me an annual statement at the end of the tax year.
Is this normal?
Is this legal?
Should I be suspicious?

Andrew
If he wears a pinstripe suit and dark glasses, has a large'family' and carries a violin case, this is normal......don't argue!
vivi
Old Dec 19th 2004, 6:15 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by andrew63
Is this normal?
Is this legal?
Should I be suspicious?

Andrew
When I was running an Australian company I didn't give the employees payslips either !! Unfortunately that doesn't actually answer your question though

I have a feeling that it may be compulsory to make the information available to employees, although the employer does not need to actually issue them physically.

This may help.. http://www.dewrsb.gov.au/ministersAn...pers/tandw.pdf

Old Dec 26th 2004, 11:48 am
Sydney since Oct 04

l_jg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm similar - My employer started to do the same saying that they didn't do payslips, so I requested to get my payslips via email just so I can see what's happening on a month by month basis. They issue a year end statement which is all you need for the tax office - but I like to know what's going on whenever I get paid, so I can dispute anything when it happens! Maybe you could request an e-pay slip too???
Having a nightmare trying to get my head around the tax issues here - seems sooo complex!

Good luck!
Old Dec 26th 2004, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

One other point to bear in mind is I believe the employer has a duty to make your superannuation payments on at least a quarterly basis, and has to provide you with details of those payments.

The employer may be liable to a fine of $3,300 for each employee not so notified

See ATO Super rules
Old Dec 26th 2004, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Its incredible that payslips aren't commonly issued in Australia; Australian employers have a licence to print money. Are Australians really that trusting of their employers that they haven't insisted the law is changed on this? I work for a Global company in the UK and they have underpaid me on several occasions when I have done overtime. Without payslips to check it would have been difficult to prove. I am surprised that employers aren't legally obliged to issue one in Australia.
Old Dec 27th 2004, 2:56 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Pay information is a legal requirement in Aus. Paper or online for each pay period. Check out the ATO - Australian Tax Office Information.

And any employer stating otherwise on this site must state the legal reason why!?