Payment to TRA

Old May 13th 2004, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Payment to TRA

Does anybody know if i can pay the TRA via Paypal account, like you would on ebay if it was in a diffrent currency.
Old May 14th 2004, 3:03 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Payment to TRA

No you can't - it's best to obtain an A$ bank draft from your local bank or building society, or use an agent who can raise a cheque on your behalf ... :-))

Best regards.

Originally posted by midge04
Does anybody know if i can pay the TRA via Paypal account, like you would on ebay if it was in a diffrent currency.
Old May 14th 2004, 7:45 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by midge04

Nip to your bank, and tell them the amount you need to pay, full aussie TRA account details, and that SENDER you will pay clearance costs BOTH ends this way tra can debit the exact amount.

Its totally safe
Old May 14th 2004, 7:48 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Not always ... I have seen remittances where instructions have been given to the UK bank in the way you have described where charges were still deducted in Australia.

As I say, the way to ensure the assessing body receives the amount they require is to arrange a bank draft.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Nip to your bank, and tell them the amount you need to pay, full aussie TRA account details, and that SENDER you will pay clearance costs BOTH ends this way tra can debit the exact amount.

Its totally safe
Old May 14th 2004, 7:52 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Not always ... I have seen remittances where instructions have been given to the UK bank in the way you have described where charges were still deducted in Australia.

As I say, the way to ensure the assessing body receives the amount they require is to arrange a bank draft.

Best regards.

I was referring to Electronic Transfer, in HSBC's case they leave the debit transfer funds amount open and it is debited automatically from my account as and when TRA clears funds
Old May 15th 2004, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

thefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nicethefim38 is just really nice

Hi

I went to my bank and asked for an international cheque, they took the money out of my account straight away and I was sent the cheque in two days! I then sent it to my agent who then sent it to the TRA with application!

Good luck

Debbie