Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Payment to DIMIA by credit card - beware!

Payment to DIMIA by credit card - beware!

Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:31 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Payment to DIMIA by credit card - beware!

Hi, just a word of warning. If you are going to pay DIMIA by credit card make sure you notify your bank. Our application was almost rejected as they couldn't obtain authorisation on the payment. Our card had 18 digits (so they said) and Australian ones only 16. Just been and checked it as the information sounded wrong and it does have 16. A typo error somewhere me thinks. Thankfully our amazing agent, Toni at Arrive Australia paid it for us on her American Express. Good luck.
Sarah

Last edited by teach; Sep 6th 2004 at 4:36 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:43 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Payment to DIMIA by credit card - beware!

Hi Sarah

Kind off off topic, but we have sent our application off to DIMIA. About a week later I rang my credit card company to inform them that a payment would be coming out, as luck would have it the request for payment had been recieved the same day of my call.

Anyhow, to the point: We sent our application off on the 13th Aug (yes it was a Friday and no comments please) and called my credit card company on the 19th, so assuming the payment went out a couple of days later, it will have been over two weeks since they took my money, for which we have had no correspondance. Is this unusual? Personally, I would have at least expected some sort of confirmation of our applicaiton with details of a case officer.

Cheers, Gary

Originally Posted by teach
Hi, just a word of warning. If you are going to pay DIMIA by credit card make sure you notify your bank. Our application was almost rejected as they couldn't obtain authorisation on the payment. Our card had 18 digits and Australian ones only 16. Thankfully our amazing agent, Toni at Arrive Australia paid it for us on her American Express. Good luck.
Sarah
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

DIMIA take the money on day of receipt but it seems that most acknowledgments take about a month to be issued. We recieved ours one month to the day after the application was recieved. Also this won't appoint a case officer but merely tell you it's been recieved and what the turnaround time is - currently approx 50 weeks. They will then get in touch at a later date to request meds etc - as a point of reference we applied 13 February 2004 and still waiting to hear again from them!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:19 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

50 weeks!

Bloody hell!!!! We were hoping for a fast track on acocunt of my wife's trade being on the MODL. I also phoned them to ask about the time to process and was told it would be between 4 and 6 months.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Gary

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
DIMIA take the money on day of receipt but it seems that most acknowledgments take about a month to be issued. We recieved ours one month to the day after the application was recieved. Also this won't appoint a case officer but merely tell you it's been recieved and what the turnaround time is - currently approx 50 weeks. They will then get in touch at a later date to request meds etc - as a point of reference we applied 13 February 2004 and still waiting to hear again from them!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

We aren't on the MODL list so you may well get a quicker response!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:05 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi Sarah

Kind off off topic, but we have sent our application off to DIMIA. About a week later I rang my credit card company to inform them that a payment would be coming out, as luck would have it the request for payment had been recieved the same day of my call.

Anyhow, to the point: We sent our application off on the 13th Aug (yes it was a Friday and no comments please) and called my credit card company on the 19th, so assuming the payment went out a couple of days later, it will have been over two weeks since they took my money, for which we have had no correspondance. Is this unusual? Personally, I would have at least expected some sort of confirmation of our applicaiton with details of a case officer.

Cheers, Gary
Hiya Gary, our agent said that it is usually about a month after taking the money that they send out an acknowledgement. Hope this helps.
Sarah
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:30 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

Certainly does, probably means that we should hear by the end of next week I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Gary

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya Gary, our agent said that it is usually about a month after taking the money that they send out an acknowledgement. Hope this helps.
Sarah