Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Paying for services overseas from the uk. Help?

Paying for services overseas from the uk. Help?

Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paying for services overseas from the uk. Help?

Hi

another muppet question

I'm trying to pay for our short term rental from here in the uk

MY bank are being ar@shollic about it.... EVERY time I phone them to do it they want ANOTHER piece of information I haven't got... and now (a week later and several emails to the poor people who are renting me the house) they tell me that not only are they charging me £17.50 to send my money but the receiving bank will also charge ME.... but they don't know how much, do I want to go ahead?

How do I simplify this whole process ?

Isn't there a cheaper way of soing it?

Can I send cash in the post to Australia?

Can't I just write a cheque and state Australian dollars on it?

HELP
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Paying for services overseas from the uk. Help?

Originally Posted by eddie007
Hi

another muppet question

MY bank are being ar@shollic about it.... EVERY time I phone them to do it they want ANOTHER piece of information I haven't got... and now (a week later and several emails to the poor people who are renting me the house) they tell me that not only are they charging me £17.50 to send my money but the receiving bank will also charge ME.... but they don't know how much, do I want to go ahead?

HELP
Try this link http://www.hifx.co.uk/about_hifx/con..._in_touch.aspx
I used these to pay someone over oz and they were great to use, you can phone them or email them your query.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Whatever you do, don't do that! Cash goes missing in the post!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 12:20 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

another muppet question

HELP
Hi where are you going to in oz, i might be able to help if you are heading for brisbane.
TREV
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevski
Hi where are you going to in oz, i might be able to help if you are heading for brisbane.
TREV
Does the place you are trying to pay take credit cards?
Or use www.tranzfers.com to transfer it straight into their account, done over the net at a cost of £7.