Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

paying for a rental while in uk!

paying for a rental while in uk!

Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default paying for a rental while in uk!

Hey up guys

Gonna have to pay for a rental very soon and was wondering whats the best way to pay?
If i pay by say a visa card wont the bank give me a poor exchange rate?
Im still awaiting my westpac comfirmation letter through the post,but will only be allowed to transfer money into there and not out!
What about through my Hifx account?

cheers jase
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: paying for a rental while in uk!

Our landlord wouldn't take Visa over the phone (or in person, for that matter).

You can get your westpac account activated from UK for withdrawals as well as deposits. Westpac will send you a form which you fill in and have witnessed at your UK bank. The form is then sent back to London, and ultimately to Westpac Australia.

Last resort would be to pay them from your UK bank directly, although expect it to cost

Peter
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Cheers peter but too much hassle i reckon!

I phoned lloyds tsb and they want 3%(max £4.50) plus only give a rate of $1.81
I need to send a round $3k over
I need ABC!!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:39 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tranzfers.com

Are a part of Ozforex and its an excellent way of making adhoc payments at very good rates. Easy to set up, use and highly recommended by heaps of people on here over the years.

Enjoy.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

cheers dude!
Is it the same principle as hifx?
Cos i have signed up to hifx!

cheers