Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pay Advice - unfamiliar terms!?

Pay Advice - unfamiliar terms!?

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pay Advice - unfamiliar terms!?

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Some of the teachers told me it was after 7 years service you get the equivalent of one term, fully paid off, if u want it. Aw well, I don't know if my teaching career will last another 7 years anyways, looking for a new 'direction'...and have a few ideas, the main one requiring citizenship, whichhhhh if I can prove I'd be able to do the job, I could have fast-tracked to just two years instead of 4!
I get mine this year, thinking of doing something new myself like Feds or Government.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:38 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I get mine this year, thinking of doing something new myself like Feds or Government.
CUSTOMS!!! (is my dream lol) 'YOUR NAMES NOT DOWN, YOU'RE NOT COMING IN!!!'
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
CUSTOMS!!! (is my dream lol) 'YOUR NAMES NOT DOWN, YOU'RE NOT COMING IN!!!'
I love it Border Security.

A few of my friends in were in Helmand and got the chance to slot some RH... I missed out but would still love the chance.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:44 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Gibbo
In NSW if you work any number of days a week,for more than a month, in a postion, you are considered to be a temporary employee and get LSL and sick pay. Casuals who work, can't remember how many days a year , get the 17.5% holiday loading at the end of the year. Still prefer NSW.
How does the new "National Employment Standards" (replacing the individual State Conditions from 1 January 2010) affect this ?

In time, all Australians will have the same terms.

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Gibbo
In NSW if you work any number of days a week,for more than a month, in a postion, you are considered to be a temporary employee and get LSL and sick pay. Casuals who work, can't remember how many days a year , get the 17.5% holiday loading at the end of the year. Still prefer NSW.
What is the wage loading in NSW for casuals ? I always thought it was about 20%, but I just saw something that says 5% !
NSW
The rates of pay of casual teachers are loaded by 5 per cent to be inclusive of the following incidents of employment: sick leave, family and community service leave, special leave and leave loading.
https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/media/dow...teach.pdf#sch5
In QLD it is 23%, according to the rates of pay PDF at https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/employmen...hers/index.htm

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Can only find salary scales for NSW & QLD. Top NSW $81656, Qld $74814. Casual NSW $326.96. Can't find Qld. NSW rate appears to be less than 5% but I assume given the difference in normal salary,is more than is paid in Qld. The Dept. Edu. in NSW definitely save money employing casuals. Temps. get all pay rates, LSL, SL, hols, etc as permanents.

Last edited by Gibbo; Jul 2nd 2010 at 12:55 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:49 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I love it Border Security.

A few of my friends in were in Helmand and got the chance to slot some RH... I missed out but would still love the chance.
Well u never know!