Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pay Advice - unfamiliar terms!?

Pay Advice - unfamiliar terms!?

Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pay Advice - unfamiliar terms!?

Can someone please explain what these terms mean on my Pay Advice from Queensland Government?

C/E Loading
Teachers LSOT

I'm completely confuzzled as to what they mean?!

Thanks folks (I'm a Relief Teacher btw and have done some contract work and some casual)

Jen xo
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

ExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really nice
Default Re: Pay Advice - unfamiliar terms!?

LSOT usually stands for Lump Sum on Termination - not sure about the other one though.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

ExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really niceExSmoggie is just really nice

Actually , as a guess I'd probably say C/E Loading would be casual employee loading.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Can someone please explain what these terms mean on my Pay Advice from Queensland Government?

C/E Loading
Teachers LSOT

I'm completely confuzzled as to what they mean?!

Thanks folks (I'm a Relief Teacher btw and have done some contract work and some casual)

Jen xo
Ring payroll. But I think C/E loading relates to you being casual. ie you get a higher rate than normal teachers because you don't get paid during the holidays.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:42 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExSmoggie
LSOT usually stands for Lump Sum on Termination - not sure about the other one though.
O? whats that mean?! lol
Old Jul 1st 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

O? whats that mean?! lol
Eligible termination payment (ETP)
A lump sum benefit (payment) made by an employer to an employee, as a result of the termination of employment or after the death of the person who was an employee.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:05 am
ABCDiamond

O? whats that mean?! lol
That will be your accrued long service leave, paid out at the end of a casual contract. This is often included in the lump sum on termination (LSOT) pay section on a payslip.

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:53 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That will be your accrued long service leave, paid out at the end of a casual contract. This is often included in the lump sum on termination (LSOT) pay section on a payslip.
Ahh ok, unfortunately my 10 years service in the UK counts for nothing when it comes to leave, aw well, 7 years to go lol
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Ahh ok, unfortunately my 10 years service in the UK counts for nothing when it comes to leave, aw well, 7 years to go lol
Jen you would not be familiar with Long service leave being from NI, really if you work for the same employer for 10 years continuously you get paid 2 months paid leave and one month paid leave for each additional five years service. Good eh!!

But I don't think LSOT really has any has any thing to do with Long service leave as you cant benefit from LSL if you leave before 10 years and you cant be paid out on it unless you are terminated after 10 years. Probably more to do with recreational Leave and Leave loading.

By the way leave loading is an extra 17.5% of you normal pay on top when you are on leave. (handy as you usually spend more money when your not working)

Teachers

Teachers do not accrue recreation leave but are granted concessional leave during school vacation periods. However, teachers who work temporarily in non-teaching roles qualify to take recreation leave in accordance with the provisions of this module and at times mutually convenient to them and their supervisor.

Teachers have a notional entitlement to four weeks annual leave that accrues progressively throughout the year. A loading of 17.5% is paid on this notional allocation in December of each year.

When a teacher ceases employment they are entitled to a lump sum on termination payment (salary and loading) based on the number of days from the start of the school year for which they have been paid. The salary component of this payment is reduced by the number of school vacation days that have occurred during the period.

ETP is explained here
http://www.ato.gov.au/superprofessio...1/006&st=&cy=1

Long service leave is explained here
http://www.industrialrelations.nsw.g...ice_leave.html

Recreation leave explained here
http://education.qld.gov.au/strategi...7/attach2.html
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't work that way in NSW. Super goes into your super account and no termination pay out. Think I like the NSW system better.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:19 am
ABCDiamond

Here in QLD, according to the Queensland Teachers Union, for CASUAL workers:

Credit is given for periods of temporary teaching for long service leave and classification purposes provided there is no more of a break than 12 months between contracts.

Long service leave credit is on the same basis as for casual teachers.
Accrued long service leave may be paid out at the end of the contract.

This amount may be included in the lump sum on termination (LSOT) pay.

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Doesn't work that way in NSW. Super goes into your super account and no termination pay out. Think I like the NSW system better.
The super for casual workers in all states will go into a super account.

But Casual teachers, at least in QLD it appears, even get long service leave payments

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Here in QLD, according to the Queensland Teachers Union, for CASUAL workers:
Yeah I see now
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

The super for casual workers in all states will go into a super account.

But Casual teachers, at least in QLD it appears, even get long service leave payments
In NSW if you work any number of days a week,for more than a month, in a postion, you are considered to be a temporary employee and get LSL and sick pay. Casuals who work, can't remember how many days a year , get the 17.5% holiday loading at the end of the year. Still prefer NSW.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:32 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Jen you would not be familiar with Long service leave being from NI, really if you work for the same employer for 10 years continuously you get paid 2 months paid leave and one month paid leave for each additional five years service. Good eh!!

But I don't think LSOT really has any has any thing to do with Long service leave as you cant benefit from LSL if you leave before 10 years and you cant be paid out on it unless you are terminated after 10 years. Probably more to do with recreational Leave and Leave loading.

By the way leave loading is an extra 17.5% of you normal pay on top when you are on leave. (handy as you usually spend more money when your not working)

Teachers

Teachers do not accrue recreation leave but are granted concessional leave during school vacation periods. However, teachers who work temporarily in non-teaching roles qualify to take recreation leave in accordance with the provisions of this module and at times mutually convenient to them and their supervisor.

Teachers have a notional entitlement to four weeks annual leave that accrues progressively throughout the year. A loading of 17.5% is paid on this notional allocation in December of each year.

When a teacher ceases employment they are entitled to a lump sum on termination payment (salary and loading) based on the number of days from the start of the school year for which they have been paid. The salary component of this payment is reduced by the number of school vacation days that have occurred during the period.

ETP is explained here
http://www.ato.gov.au/superprofessio...1/006&st=&cy=1

Long service leave is explained here
http://www.industrialrelations.nsw.g...ice_leave.html

Recreation leave explained here
http://education.qld.gov.au/strategi...7/attach2.html
Some of the teachers told me it was after 7 years service you get the equivalent of one term, fully paid off, if u want it. Aw well, I don't know if my teaching career will last another 7 years anyways, looking for a new 'direction'...and have a few ideas, the main one requiring citizenship, whichhhhh if I can prove I'd be able to do the job, I could have fast-tracked to just two years instead of 4!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.