Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Paul hester R.I.P.

Paul hester R.I.P.

Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paul hester R.I.P.

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-28793,00.html

End of another era.

G
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paul hester R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Grayling

End of another era.

G
yeh i read that today, shame eh?
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:59 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Really sad news. I saw Crowded House about 5 times and one of the best parts of their shows was the banter between Paul, Neil and Nick. Paul always seemed to be a fun loving guy - on stage anyway...I guess we don't know what went on in his personal life.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice

Happened in our local park!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:19 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

End of another era.

G
Suicide is always sad. So many take their own lives but receive little attention cause they weren't famous. In the case of those that were, it is made harder for the family due to the media attention. The important thing is for those that were close to him not to blame themselves. he had choices, and for whatever reasons, decided this was his solution. Only hope that wherever he may now be, he finds peace and that those close to him are allowed to greive with dignity and respect from us all.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:21 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avroncotton
Must be very disturbing, something you will remember as you walk past it.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:49 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Paul hester R.I.P.

Originally Posted by binky
Really sad news. I saw Crowded House about 5 times and one of the best parts of their shows was the banter between Paul, Neil and Nick. Paul always seemed to be a fun loving guy - on stage anyway...I guess we don't know what went on in his personal life.
Strength to the family, they'll need it......tragic. Melbourne mourns his loss

On a lighter note, Paul was responsible for making Crowded House one of the most successful Welsh bands of all time.............
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:47 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

OMG - I thought I recognised the name. Crowded House are one of my fav bands, and probably one of the best live acts I've seen for sheer musicality. How tragic.
His poor children.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
OMG - I thought I recognised the name. Crowded House are one of my fav bands, and probably one of the best live acts I've seen for sheer musicality. How tragic.
His poor children.
I remember Split Enz Kinda dates me.

He was no real age though.

Sad.

G
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:04 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

I remember Split Enz Kinda dates me.

He was no real age though.

Sad.

G
Not at all, probably dates me (as I think you are a bit older than me!!!!!). I saw them live in 1990 in Newcastle, NSW at the earthquake relief concert. It was a kinda reunion as Crowded House played as well.
What was the song that was their one hit in the UK in the '80s. I can only think of the Leaky Boat one. Oh OH, just remembered - 'I Got You, and that's all I want' etc etc
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by webgum
Not at all, probably dates me (as I think you are a bit older than me!!!!!). I saw them live in 1990 in Newcastle, NSW at the earthquake relief concert. It was a kinda reunion as Crowded House played as well.
What was the song that was their one hit in the UK in the '80s. I can only think of the Leaky Boat one. Oh OH, just remembered - 'I Got You, and that's all I want' etc etc
Didn't they also do

"little does she know that I know that she knows"?

G
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:03 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avroncotton

Is that where the tennis club is?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:22 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Can`t believe it....

I saw CH in Perth during their first tour... brilliant. First album still the best one.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Angry Re: Paul hester R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Stormz
Can`t believe it....

I saw CH in Perth during their first tour... brilliant. First album still the best one.
Absolutly gutted. Me and the better halfs favourite band- many romantic memories.
Last saw them live in Cape Town.
RIP.