passports nz

Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:26 pm
Now in Tauranga

ratliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passports nz

does anybody know how long you passports have to be valid for when emmigrating to nz as mine expires April 2004 but i am leaving in October, its just that i have only 3 weeks to sort it out!!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a gut feeling that it is six months in which case you are maybe cutting it fine enough depending on dates. Having said that I could be altogether wrong! Three weeks to repalce it would be tight too although I think there is some fast track way of doing it although it is expensive. Hope someone gives you a more definate answer!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

DonnaS is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definitely renew it, as if not required for emigration, 6 months is always required for general holiday travel. Plus, it costs something like double in NZ to get a new British passport in the UK.

My hubby applied back in about June for a new one, and even without the fast track it was back in 2 weeks, which I think is the norm. If not, you can pay a bit more to get priority.