Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passports that carry Visa about to Expire

Passports that carry Visa about to Expire

Old Jul 8th 2005, 9:34 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passports that carry Visa about to Expire

Just noticed that my children's passports expire in August. House sale has fallen through so no chance of going by then. Does anyone know how I go about having new visas issued for their new Passports.

Thanks
Old Jul 8th 2005, 9:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports that carry Visa about to Expire

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Just noticed that my children's passports expire in August. House sale has fallen through so no chance of going by then. Does anyone know how I go about having new visas issued for their new Passports.

Thanks
As if you haven't got enough on your plates Quite straightforward though. Get new passports, then send new ones and old ones to Australia House together with a letter explaining that you want the visa transferred and why. Bob should be your uncle.

Hope all are well and coping and no more sh*t gets thrown your way.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chattyshazza

Thanks
This has happened to us also, my kids passports have expired and we now have new ones, the visas are in the old, expired passports. It's not a problem you just need to walk with both.

I was going to send the old and new to the Aus Embassy in London to have them transferred but apparently it can't be done in London, you have to do this is Oz.

But just walk with both old and new and you will be fine.

See here: extract from Dimia website Q&A

"If your visa label is in a passport which has expired, you can continue to use the old label until it expires by carrying both your old and new passports when travelling. "

Hope this helps

Phil
Old Jul 8th 2005, 11:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phil-UK
This has happened to us also, my kids passports have expired and we now have new ones, the visas are in the old, expired passports. It's not a problem you just need to walk with both.

I was going to send the old and new to the Aus Embassy in London to have them transferred but apparently it can't be done in London, you have to do this is Oz.

But just walk with both old and new and you will be fine.

See here: extract from Dimia website Q&A

"If your visa label is in a passport which has expired, you can continue to use the old label until it expires by carrying both your old and new passports when travelling. "

Hope this helps

Phil
It's fine as far as DIMIA are concerned but be prepared for a delay at checking-in for any Australia bound flight.

Jeremy
Old Jul 8th 2005, 10:59 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. Started to worry that I had something new to worry about.

Sharon