Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passports back with visa's in

Passports back with visa's in

Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:40 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Passports back with visa's in

We got our passports back this morning, complete with the visa's stuck in not bad really we only sent them special delivery on monday Just over three weeks and we're offski, container booked for the last week in jan, flights via Singapore 2nd feb Needless to say we are buzzing
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:53 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports back with visa's in

Originally posted by CROSSY
We got our passports back this morning, complete with the visa's stuck in not bad really we only sent them special delivery on monday Just over three weeks and we're offski, container booked for the last week in jan, flights via Singapore 2nd feb Needless to say we are buzzing
Congratulations Crossy. That is such good news for you. We hope you really enjoy Australia and it lives up to all your expectations
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

You are so very lucky, perhaps the wrong word. What I mean is I am so envious.
Anyway, sod what I mean......All the best to you
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:53 am
WBB

good luck, enjoy your new lives.

:PARTY:

Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:58 am
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats - wishing on was on that flight to Oz!

Go celebrate!!

J
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

BARBERLJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear you got your visas, we are at the stage of waiting to hear the final decision.
Admittedly things have happened quickly, sent visa application in October 03, asked to have medicals and police checks back by 8th dec 03, then was asked to complete a health undertaking form when we get to Oz, does that mean we will be able to go, if so when are we going to hear, can anyone help, I am going slightly mad and getting very stressed, and the postman will not survive another day.
Feels like the traffic lights are stuck on amber. Know I am lucky to have got this far so quickly.
very stressed but veryyyy excited
linda
:eek: :eek:
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Congratulations Could you please tell me when you lodged your main application?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Bloody ell that is Quick,What do you do for a living and what visa r u going in on??
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:57 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

Originally posted by bonza69
Bloody ell that is Quick,What do you do for a living and what visa r u going in on??
I'm a wall & floor tiler!! but we have a 139 visa which are fast tracked

Linda, sounds good to me, a health undertaking means instead of getting a year for first entry, you only get 6months and you have to go see a doctor when you arrive. Usually happens to people with a health issue ( i think) but not a serious one so dont panic:scared:
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

I'm a wall & floor tiler!! but we have a 139 visa which are fast tracked

Linda, sounds good to me, a health undertaking means instead of getting a year for first entry, you only get 6months and you have to go see a doctor when you arrive. Usually happens to people with a health issue ( i think) but not a serious one so dont panic:scared:
Whats a 139 visa and is that permenent ? I mean is that the same as a skilled migration
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:06 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

Whats a 139 visa and is that permenent ? I mean is that the same as a skilled migration
Yes it's a skilled visa, BQ139 Skilled Designated Area Sponsored.
We have a sponsor (my Brother) and an assurer who has to lodge an assurance of support bond, $6500.00 in our case.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:49 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Done Crossy
Am sure we will see you all in adelaide very soon.
All the best for the future.

Cheers.

:PARTY:
Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

BARBERLJ is an unknown quantity at this point

We have applied under the skilled independant visa, I am a midwife and nurse so I think my job means we get fast tracked, we were told to expect an answer 12 to 16 weeks from date of application so it should be any day now that we hear, but like I said I had to send an 815 form, I'm sure it's because as a nurse I had to have a blood test for Hep B, and because I'm vaccinated against it I have shown up positive. I checked with the Dr who did my medical and he says he is sure that's why I had to do the 815, but we want this so badly and just want to know for sure as to whether we will be going.
just waiting to hear!!!!!!!!! Linda
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

pete 10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with your new lives and well done.
We are just at the beggining with applying for the skilled visa applying to the TRA at present.We know we have a long way to go. Hope its all worth it I am sure it will be..
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Great news CROSSY
best wishes and keep in touch
regards
rach, mark and chanelle