Passports

Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passports

just about o apply for PR. it however says i must use a passport with at least 2 years left on. mine has about 18 months, so i guess i cant use it for my application and need to get it renewed.

checked out the uk passport agency and you can only get a new one within 9 months of it running out - what can i do, can they extend my current one?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:10 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports

Originally Posted by cra1gm
just about o apply for PR. it however says i must use a passport with at least 2 years left on. mine has about 18 months, so i guess i cant use it for my application and need to get it renewed.

checked out the uk passport agency and you can only get a new one within 9 months of it running out - what can i do, can they extend my current one?
Read this-one of many if you use the search facility......
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=passports

Get it now and save the hassle later.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:25 am
bev
Forum Regular

bev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the rough

If you are willing to pay the 66gbp for passport you will get a new one, if you cross the box saying changes, new photo you get new full 10 year plus 9 month passport, so you will only lose 9 months, worth it for less hassle.
Elaine
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Send off your application, then apply for a new passport. When your new one comes you just need to inform your CO by filling in a 1022 form.

We had just under 18 months on ours, but figured it was a lot easier to just apply for new ones while still in the UK.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:35 am
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

We've sent off our Visa application and currently waiting for a CO. Mrs MenAtWork had 2 years and 5 months when we sent it but will have just under 2 years when we get a result.

Can anyone tell us when does the 2 year deadline apply.

cheers
Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MenAtWork
We've sent off our Visa application and currently waiting for a CO. Mrs MenAtWork had 2 years and 5 months when we sent it but will have just under 2 years when we get a result.

Can anyone tell us when does the 2 year deadline apply.

cheers

It depends on the Case Officer. They may request you apply for a new one before they grant you a visa but then again they might not.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:59 am
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wendy
It depends on the Case Officer. They may request you apply for a new one before they grant you a visa but then again they might not.
Thanks Wendy.

We'd get it applied for pronto.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MenAtWork
Thanks Wendy.

We'd get it applied for pronto.
As a general rule, if you can get the new passport before you get the visa, its a lot easier. Airlines often don't recognise the visa in the OLD passport and will want to confirm with DIMA (or DIC as it is now). Also to replace your passport in Aus costs more, and you have the hassle of getting the new visa sticker put in.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

I renewed mine the old one still had 3 years left on it i got a phone call from the passport office asking why i wanted to renew it early i just said i'm in the process of moving to Aus and did not want the hassle of renewing it for a while. They seemed ok with that and i got a new passport, good job 2 in the old photo i looked like a convict
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:38 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nik04
I renewed mine the old one still had 3 years left on it i got a phone call from the passport office asking why i wanted to renew it early i just said i'm in the process of moving to Aus and did not want the hassle of renewing it for a while. They seemed ok with that and i got a new passport, good job 2 in the old photo i looked like a convict
Passport photos just dnt so us any favours i looked like a con too !!!!