Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

passport renewal

passport renewal

Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default passport renewal

Hi all, just come to my notice that my sons u.k. passport runs out in June, when we get it renewed will we have to send it off to AHC in London again to get his PR visa re stamped in it
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:08 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: passport renewal

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
Hi all, just come to my notice that my sons u.k. passport runs out in June, when we get it renewed will we have to send it off to AHC in London again to get his PR visa re stamped in it
When your passport with a valid Australia permanent residence visa expires, the visa does not become invalid. You may choose to have your existing visa reprinted into your new passport (processing fee applies), or you may merely carry your old passport (with valid visa) and your new passport together, whenever travelling in or out of Australia.

Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
The AHC London do not normally re-stamp visas.

You will have to carry the visa in the old passport. It's ok as far as DIMA are concerned, but some airline staff get confused and won't allow boarding until they have got clearance from DIMA in Australia.

So leave plenty of time for check-in.

Once in Australia, get to a DIMA office and they will re-stamp the visa (no charge).
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:43 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
The AHC London do not normally re-stamp visas.

You will have to carry the visa in the old passport. It's ok as far as DIMA are concerned, but some airline staff get confused and won't allow boarding until they have got clearance from DIMA in Australia.

So leave plenty of time for check-in.

Once in Australia, get to a DIMA office and they will re-stamp the visa (no charge).

where are all the DIMIA offices.....any in 4700 postcode
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
where are all the DIMIA offices.....any in 4700 postcode
http://www.immi.gov.au has contact details
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:23 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
http://www.immi.gov.au has contact details

i had looked at the site and where the offices were, I thpught there may be more lurking around the country....but no luck, none in my area