Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passport Renewal

Passport Renewal

Old Jul 31st 2005, 6:09 am
Just Joined

COggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Passport Renewal

Can anyone give me an indication of how long my passport renewal might take? I've sent the forms off to Canberra (britaus.net), but I need my passport for travel on 27th August..

I'm a bit worried that 4 weeks and a couple of days might not be enough

The website says "Application Processing time is currently 6 weeks". I'm not sure if this is for new passports or renewals.

I also realise that they hate it if you try to chase them up!

Obv.. it would be good to get an indicative time for processing at this time of year!

ta.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:03 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Passport Renewal

Originally Posted by COggs
Can anyone give me an indication of how long my passport renewal might take? I've sent the forms off to Canberra (britaus.net), but I need my passport for travel on 27th August..

I'm a bit worried that 4 weeks and a couple of days might not be enough

The website says "Application Processing time is currently 6 weeks". I'm not sure if this is for new passports or renewals.

I also realise that they hate it if you try to chase them up!

Obv.. it would be good to get an indicative time for processing at this time of year!

ta.
Mine took about 3 and a half weeks last october. Have you advised them of your travel date? Whilst they would probably grump and moan i reckon that they would do their best if pushed....
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

COggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Renewal

Originally Posted by jjonboy
Mine took about 3 and a half weeks last october. Have you advised them of your travel date? Whilst they would probably grump and moan i reckon that they would do their best if pushed....
Thanks jjonboy... There is a space at the top of page 1 of the application form for my travel date... ironically, it has a smiley face next to the space!

I may well send them a nice reminder email after the first week or so