Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passport Question Form 47SK

Wikiposts

Passport Question Form 47SK

Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:40 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Passport Question Form 47SK

Just a quick question that hopefully someone can answer:

My wife has taken up my surname, however her passport shows her maiden name. The passport office have told her that her passport is still valid as long as she uses her maiden name when leaving the country. However on form 47SK it asks for her passport number, name on passport etc
Do I -

1) just put my wife's maiden name on everything
2) detail she has my surname however the passport says her maiden name

Hope someone can help.

cheers
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:58 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Question Form 47SK

Would it not be easier for her to exchange her passport for one in her married name.

We had all sorts of problems when we visited oz at christmas because two of our three children were on both mine and my husbands passports and the oldest boy had his own passport. The computer kept insisting that the oldest boy's visa was on my passport and not on his. They had to phone Canberra from Gatwick for the fist leg, and at Dubai the plane was delayed because of us and another few people who had visa problems .

They only take a couple of weeks don't they.

Just a thought.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:38 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by frogboy

My wife has taken up my surname, however her passport shows her maiden name. The passport office have told her that her passport is still valid as long as she uses her maiden name when leaving the country. However on form 47SK it asks for her passport number, name on passport etc
Do I -

Hope someone can help.

cheers
You may want to clarify this with a professional, but how I see it is:

Your wifes maiden name appears on her passport, and you have to enter these details in the passport question on form 47SK. Her now married name is verified by the fact that you will include both her birth certificate and your marriage certificate. The DIMIA should recognise this by way of the date of marriage and the date of issue on the passport.

Neil.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:59 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by frogboy

Do I -

Hope someone can help.

cheers
Hiya Frogboy,
we just put the wifes maiden details and included all the requested docs, that way we could use her existing passport.

Bye
Mark

PS
It might be usefull to get a new passport in her married name though if her old one is due for replacemnt soon. but each their own.

Bye
Mark